Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping it wouldn't have the PERS panel on the back of the head but I think I can see it, I wish they made it so you could access the eyes from the neck opening, I know that would require removing the head, but I imagine most people wouldn't change the eye positions often anyway. I'll still get this though lol. Too bad there's no Batcomputer, I really wanted that.

Not loving the cape on this. It drapes well but the material is completely wrong. They’ve been using this same fabric for some reason ever since Justice League Batman, like they must have gotten a massive bulk discount or something. Same material for the Kilmer Batman cape. Hell, exact same material they used for the TROS Kylo Ren cloak too.

I do wish he was a little taller. I wonder if ankle extenders can do the job.

I thought the base was the only difference between the standard and deluxe?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the base was the only difference between the standard and deluxe?
It is. He just wants both the plain, DX09 base and the church tower base. I wouldn't mind having both personally.

I probably won't display the gargoyle until I get custom cabinets made. Though I'm sure that isn't permanently attached to the rest of base, so still get to display the cool wood floor element.

Last edited:
In case you need a frame of reference on how big your Batman will be, HT is now referencing it with an iPhone and Samsung Galaxy :LOL:

**this is a real picture in the photo gallery, not a photoshop by me**

batman_dc-comics_scale_63ebc803da8bb.jpg

Good. At least you know if your Batman is giant-sized like the Kilmer Bats.

I was hoping it wouldn't have the PERS panel on the back of the head but I think I can see it, I wish they made it so you could access the eyes from the neck opening, I know that would require removing the head, but I imagine most people wouldn't change the eye positions often anyway. I'll still get this though lol. Too bad there's no Batcomputer, I really wanted that.
Disappointing if so, but would make sense for them economically to put in as little work as possible and run with what they already had.

Lets just hope the computer retains the ‘89 centric Smylex poisoning monitors and isn’t repurposed for the Flash with Zod/Black Zero event screens.

Turtle neck Bruce and Alfred would be a no brainer. Maybe they could release a Keaton head using the Returns prototype head we never got,

1159FC9A-A5CA-425E-AA38-BBE6739E78E7.jpeg
2D211BE6-8266-45A5-8679-E529510AE903.jpeg

Disappointing if so, but would make sense for them economically to put in as little work as possible and run with what they already had.

Unfortunately, this one also has the PERS panel on the back of the head despite being an all new sculpt.

5FD20AA9-F22D-442A-9124-B28FA3232AC6.jpeg
9416597F-DECC-4B06-BE48-0B424A7920ED.jpeg

No excuse really. The Affleck and Kilmer headsculpts both have cowls with attached necks that feature swappable eyes and mouths and those don’t have panels in the back of the head. The Kilmer headsculpt in particular is genius with the little PERS panel that’s the size of your pinky.

No reason they couldn’t have implemented it here.

Still, at least this got a new headsculpt. Hot Toys really did Batman Begins dirty.

Just placed my order. I guess ultimately I’m glad this has a reissue, with what look like upgrades to the cape. The PERS means nothing to me. I haven’t used it once on the first offering and I cannot see any reason to want to with this one. For me it’s a lot of engineering wasted.

The base however is all sorts of awesome.

Unfortunately, this one also has the PERS panel on the back of the head despite being an all new sculpt.

View attachment 623080View attachment 623081

No excuse really. The Affleck and Kilmer headsculpts both have cowls with attached necks that feature swappable eyes and mouths and those don’t have panels in the back of the head. The Kilmer headsculpt in particular is genius with the little PERS panel that’s the size of your pinky.

No reason they couldn’t have implemented it here.

Still, at least this got a new headsculpt. Hot Toys really did Batman Begins dirty.
That's the DX09 though isn't it? The cape doesn't look like the new one.

Back