Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knowing the cheap materials hot toys uses, my DX09 Batman 89 won’t last forever. It’s still in one piece for now by some miracle. I’ll probably get this, and by then time it releases my DX09 will have fallen apart.
That's what I keep reading about these rubber body coverings. Look great, give it 5 years and they melt or fall apart. It' what keeps me from buying one of these, and I'd really like this figure.

That's what I keep reading about these rubber body coverings. Look great, give it 5 years and they melt or fall apart. It' what keeps me from buying one of these, and I'd really like this figure.
I have yet to see any deterioration on the DX09 ... either when I had it in my collection or anyone else's. I do recall isolated reports of some kind of oily residue from the waist area in new figures at one point, maybe a manufacturing issue.

The only thing I'd mark for deterioration on this release is perhaps the cape, but that can be replaced.

I suppose it does look better, but it's not 100% keaton to me. Something looks off and i don't know what that is. It can't be nostalgia since I've only had the DX09 since July last year

The cowl, mouth, eye sculpt and cape is 100% new
Crap. Now I'm definitely tempted. Thing is, if this is the only Burton figure they make, I'd want them to release the computer to help make it a more substantial one-off display.

Maybe it's nostalgia but i feel like the face was better on the old one...something looks off on the new one.
Not crazy about the relaxed mouth plate on this one, but I think the bloodied one is an improvement over the old. Always thought the "OOH!" expression was a little awkward and cartoony. I much prefer him smirking like this, gives him a darkly playful look with the blood.

Crap. Now I'm definitely tempted. Thing is, if this is the only Burton figure they make, I'd want them to release the computer to help make it a more substantial one-off display.

Not crazy about the relaxed mouth plate on this one, but I think the bloodied one is an improvement over the old one. Always thought the "OOH!" expression was a little awkward. I much prefer him smirking.
The smirk defintely screams "excuse me, you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" POW

I'm out. Out of retirement, that is. 100% going to get this. Just don't think I'll ever display the Gargoyle base, cool as it is. :unsure:

Super cool base but 9/10 times a figure comes with a base, it never leaves the box for me. Plus, it looks massive and I'm stretched for space as it is.

Super pumped for this one though. This, like Bane, was a figure that I had my eye on for years.

I suppose it does look better, but it's not 100% keaton to me. Something looks off and i don't know what that is. It can't be nostalgia since I've only had the DX09 since July last year
Exactly my thought. Hard to explain but although it’s a great release, it looks like a guy dressed like Keaton…
But would love to get this cathedral base to pair with my battle damaged.

I get space issues, but for me I think I have to find the room for the base. It’s too cool to pass up. Gah.. I’m talking myself into wanting this..

I have yet to see any deterioration on the DX09 ... either when I had it in my collection or anyone else's. I do recall isolated reports of some kind of oily residue from the waist area in new figures at one point, maybe a manufacturing issue.

The only thing I'd mark for deterioration on this release is perhaps the cape, but that can be replaced.
I second this. Cape is looking a little ragged but even after a decade the body is as good as new.

The smirk defintely screams "excuse me, you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" POW
(y) The bloodied face is a perfect recreation of the expression when he says, "I know you did".

RDT_20230215_0112129027500287830778021.png

This picture makes the face looks off to me. It's probably the angle, lighting and all that and it is just a prototype but idk it just looks weird

Awesome.

+ better headsculpt
+ Cathedral base is one of the best ones in awhile
+ Vicki shoe, nice touch
+ love the “I just survived a plane crash” gritting teeth face

- too much texturing on the cowl
- no new suit, same inaccuracies as the DX09
- no battle damage on the suit or burns on the symbol once again despite having the bloody face
- that teeth mouth plate is goofy as hell, why not an angry scowl face?

I’m using the base with the Joker. In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me if that was originally intended for him . . .

I’m using the base with the Joker. In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me if that was originally intended for him . . .

Perhaps a 2.0 Joker is coming...?

That laughing gargoyle is perfect to go with Nicholson.

I'd love to hang Joker from the ceiling, clinging to the last rung of a rope ladder... foot tied to that gargoyle!

Back