Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Thanks reyrey, I appreciate it. You illustrated the seams in the back quite nicely. Thank you.

I guess this was either the first proto or they photoshopped/blended the seams out. Hell, maybe the harsh lighting masked the seams. Shame. Atleast it will be consistent with the DX 09 I guess.

image.jpg

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Not sure why people are thinking the likeness is better now. To me it looks like this still has the exact same sculpt from the promo shots that everyone said they hated.

Yep. It's the same sculpt. It still looks weird as hell. Who the F knows why they wouldn't display the other head that was shown by JC.

Yup, still the same head from the the specs/pics and Secret Base display.

I hope that JC Hong head doesn't fall by the wayside.

image.jpg

if you had to choose between the Keaton shown at SDCC and the ACE sculpt... which would you choose?

IMG_4651.JPG

Neither.

I think the one JC Hong showed is superior to both, but we don't know if that is coming out.

Between these two I think ACE is far superior than the one shown at SDCC.

Yeah, the hair on the ACE looks more like Keaton and less like a mop, unlike the hair of the Hot Toys.

The JC Hong head is perfect. Why on earth aren't they trying to praise/show off that sculpt is beyond me.

If it comes with head sculpt in the promo pics/the one at SDCC, the two-pack will be a pass for me.

Took some pics yesterday--not great ones but you can see the figures ok.

a5a5d39e7b9b21ab974fd7953969b0b5.jpg

5bf85690c59df1f8a129b89533664b7b.jpg

e7f47b82c650627ca0bf5bcd85562b48.jpg

615d8708912dbe86e86315117c8e63d1.jpg

006c5a0d897bdc99b29be43c631c1c5d.jpg

0655bfb7d53fcde089c5d45a14475a60.jpg

Batman's eye got jacked up.

The eyes are individually controlled now.

Yeah like Hulk and 1/4 Batman. They just didn't pose them right. Looks like Batman took too many blows to the head.

if you had to choose between the Keaton shown at SDCC and the ACE sculpt... which would you choose?

View attachment 196013

I had the same doubt, my friend, I got the Ace toys one; it´s good, but the only problem is that it has so brown skin, you can check in the photos, maybe I will buy only the BW headsculpt from HT; OF COURSE IN E BAY after.

Keatons hair looks really off.

Thanks for the pics, Zod. Keaton's likeness is definitely there but I hope we see some refinements.

Not sure why people are thinking the likeness is better now. To me it looks like this still has the exact same sculpt from the promo shots that everyone said they hated.

The lighting here in these shots is much better - it's obviously the same sculpt, but without the harsh lighting and Photoshop, the face looks a little more natural.

Looking forward to this set! But yes, the Keaton hair is WAY off.

I supouse this would be the best head sculpt; even though the hair maEQW3DKxHEw8qHNwyh6Kow.jpg

Back