Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I just tried it, it works fine for me.

Yeah, I can't get access to it either. Here's the message I get when I click the link:

SaigonExpress69, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post,
access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Maybe it's just for premium???

Yeah, my bad, didn't notice it.

I deleted the link, if you guys could to, that won't cause any confusion.
Thanks

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Yeah, my bad, didn't notice it.

I deleted the link, if you guys could to, that won't cause any confusion.
Thanks

Edited, btw, how do you become Premium??

I have a dumb question, doesn't the likeness of Michael Keaton headsculpt gets approved by the actor himself before it's released to the public in cases like this?

Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

^ Perhaps, but even the actors themselves are liable to think something is "good enough" if they haven't seen what HT is capable of.

I have a dumb question, doesn't the likeness of Michael Keaton headsculpt gets approved by the actor himself before it's released to the public in cases like this?
Yes. Because sometimes you see if they haven't gone through approval they would either blur our the head or cover it.

Haha, I wonder how an ol' TF Christian Bale headsculpt would look in that tux... :lol

I'd probably display the Keaton sculpt in the BD cowl, and the regular PERS cowl on a DX09 custom if I can find some bloody gauntlets! They were different from the Returns gauntlets, yes? :thud:

Pretty much everything should be different except the belt.

Saw this on Facebook..wow

The picture came from a newspaper article. Some interesting notes were in the piece

1. Just as I suspected, there are magnets attached on the belt just like the DX09 for the grapple gun and the Penguin signal jammer/bat ski-boat truck remote ( Was never quite clear what is was for).

2. There are 3 wires in the cape for posing. Not sure if it's exactly the same piece as the DX09 or they improved on it. I don't collect with the Bale Batmen figures so I don't know if Hot Toys improved since DX09

3. The last one is the most interesting. It says that a new material is being use on the suit to prevent oil leakage or dissolving. I am not sure if I am understanding it right but the Returns suit will use a rotocast material, really soft plastic to retain the streamline sculpt of the suit and for better quality.

The only reason JC Hong would've posted those shots of the Keaton head sculpt immediately after the release of the announcement would be because he knew the prototype was not up to usual Hot Toys standards and wanted to show the fans something in response to the criticism.

As long we get that headsculpt that was on JC Hong's Facebook page - this will release will have been well-worth the wait. Because we've been talking about Batman Returns for a long time around here. Years.

Hot Toys also said they had no plans for a Catwoman or Penguin......"yet". Looking at the history of Hot Toys, they typically release characters from the same movie in succession. Like the DX01 and DX02, DX08 and DX09, DX11 and DX12.....I have a hard time believing this will be the only release from the 'Batman Returns' license. I would expect to see a Catwoman and Penguin at some point, especially if this release is successful. It might be another year before we get an announcement - after the Keaton is released, but I'd be shocked if they didn't.

The features up-close of the prototype aren't bad......the likeness of Keaton looks worse from far away because the shape of the face is off. Prototype figure obviously has a much shorter and squarer jaw-line. Hot Toys has to know it......we all know it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-17 at 5.28.42 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-05-17 at 5.28.42 PM.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 352
  • Screen Shot 2015-05-17 at 5.29.08 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-05-17 at 5.29.08 PM.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 354

Those pictures kind of make him look like the bad guy from the new mad max

zero R&D does not equal "retooling"...

Not hard, but simply might be expensive relative to what people would be willing to pay. For all the new tailoring for this "fat short stormtrooper" body, the figure itself could only be worth making if HT could sell them for $325 (this is an example)... and I doubt many would pay that for Penguin. Perhaps HT penned out the price they'd have to charge and decided they couldn't sell enough to make it worthwhile.

I would pay $325, but not too many others beyond us psychos here would.

I don't know what you are basing this on, I think you might be over thinking. The base body are all swappable parts. arms can be reused, the torso can use one of the older ones and not the recent muscular body types. I don't remember if HT even made any short characters but shorter thighs are cheap compared to licensing fees and other costs.
The complicated costume might be a challenge but I don't see it as anything that will rise up the price to over $250. If an Ironman or Joker DX figure can be less than $300 I don't see why Penguin would not.

Don't worry too much.

Anyone got a link to JC's FB page? Is it in English or Mandarin/Cantonese?

JC is Korean. He does not work out of Hong Kong. He is in Korea at the hot toys design studio they started there essentiallly for him and his workers.

Yes. Because sometimes you see if they haven't gone through approval they would either blur our the head or cover it.

Not every figure requires actor approval. In fact 3/4 do not. The actor signs over likeness rights when they sign up for the film except in very rare situations. The film studios usually own likeness rights for the characters(and actors playing them as depicted) in their films.

i still dont get the whole bruce in a tux move by HT :dunno he wears a tux 1 TIME in both films! Otherwise he wears casual clothes or dark clothes when he's in the batcave.

What difference does that make? People want the glider. He wore that once in one film. People wanted the harnessed and masked bale batman. He wore that once in three films. People want the iron man hpp armors that got worn once and seen for seconds.

What difference does that make? People want the glider. He wore that once in one film. People wanted the harnessed and masked bale batman. He wore that once in three films. People want the iron man hpp armors that got worn once and seen for seconds.

Why are u trolling me :dunno

Why are u trolling me :dunno

Why are you trolling me?

You said you didn't understand. I explained it's common practice. And screen time has little influence on selection of design or fan interest/requests.

I really don't care about the glider, that's a just a piece everyone will use it once and keep it in storage since they would be afraid to leave it exposed with the rubber for long extensive periods of time... Plus is one of those things were I am sure you will see customs just like the Bruce Wayne long sleeve shirt/tux combi

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

The glider would have been cool but meh..not really a deal breaker for me the more I think about it. Im just glad and grateful they are making a batman from batman returns to be honest.

Not every figure requires actor approval. In fact 3/4 do not. The actor signs over likeness rights when they sign up for the film except in very rare situations. The film studios usually own likeness rights for the characters(and actors playing them as depicted) in their films.

From my understanding that's for the new movies where merchandize opportunities are pretty much limitless. But back in the day it wasn't this crazy so studios didnt always asked the actors to sign likeliness rights. And even so they could still have approval rights. That's why Peter Weller, Bill Murray, Jack Nicholson characters are difficult to make for small companies. And also the story of Hot Toy's numerous attempts for Jack Sparrow head sculpts.

Back