1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Obi-Wan Kenobi Sixth Scale Figure

I don't see what all the fuss is about... it looks just like him.

cb-4.jpg

Likeness definitely has not been improved at all yet. And yeah the robes are looking awfully clean and white there for some reason.

The figure and outfit look great (even if too clean, that's fine with me -- people can weather them the way they want to), but not a spec of Alec Guinness in there, that I can see. Guinness' likeness is one of the ones that I was most hoping they'd nail but he's the furthest off, so far. Hope Fisher and Hamill fare better and that Obi-Wan is tweaked. :pray:

The figure and outfit look great (even if too clean, that's fine with me -- people can weather them the way they want to), but not a spec of Alec Guinness in there, that I can see. Guinness' likeness is one of the ones that I was most hoping they'd nail but he's the furthest off, so far. Hope Fisher and Hamill fare better and that Obi-Wan is tweaked. :pray:

Robe looks hella thin also.

I can see some Guinness there. I think the problem is the sculpt looks younger than it should.

Likenesses that don't match the premium MSRPs on these figs is disappointing. I look at what Star Ace is busting out with the Harry Potter line and you can just about see the love and care that has gone into it. And then you look at this HT dross and it just feels cynically wheeled out ahead of the main EpVII game later this year. At least the stormtrooper looks good.

I thought this got canceled why is this still discussed

Hot Toys pre-cancelled it. But it was Howard's prerogative to un-pre-cancel it without notice.

:lecture

Unbelievable!!

I just noticed that HT now has a 'pre-cancel' option on their site, in case you want to send them a direct message.

Wow.

Aren't they nice guys..

I see Guiness in there. It just needs tweaking. Lengthening a bit and some aging will help the likeness.

Back