1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Obi-Wan Kenobi Sixth Scale Figure

I'm way too sober for these kinds of shenanigans and goings-on! You kids and your rock-and-roll music and your hula-hoops.

Great gif response. :lol

:hi5:

Is this for real did I hear it correct that old obi wan got canceled. Wt f

15745365203_f1666b0f2d_o.jpg

:monkey3

Lucasfilm are tricky to get approvals from. They will approve something that very off sometimes. This could be delayed a while. If it does, show us some Luke and Leia!

Why would this be delayed and Luke and Leia be fast tracked? Wouldn't they have been previewed already?

It's a sales tactic. These toys aren't cheap, so if we preorder a $300 toy from ACI, or Bandai, Hot Toys misses out. Luke and Leia are on standby to take orders away from people just like Shadow did. It'll suddenly be ready and we'd need to divert cash from other orders and mess up Sideshow history and force them to do what Amiami does, ban if orders are cancelled. Or deposits on everything.

Lucasfilm are tricky to get approvals from. They will approve something that very off sometimes. This could be delayed a while. If it does, show us some Luke and Leia!

This is now made even trickier with Disney. Now licensees still must get at least preliminary and conditional Approval from LFL Licensing, but until Disney's Licensing team also signs off, it stays in a holding pattern.

:lol :lol

So far, they've been okay. The worst thing is that they just SLLLLLLLOOWW everything down. This is the main reason why no Celebrity Guests for Celebration Anaheim have been announced yet. Just one example. They can be snail-like.

From what I've heard first-hand about dealing with Disney legal, this all rings true. They aren't the most...pleasant...people to deal with, and definitely couldn't give two Jimmy Smits about your timeline or deadline.

Same thing was speculated with the Bowen licence renewal for Marvel statues.

I blame the sculptor not being up to it myself :dunno

Either way, I need a new Star Wars pre-order.

I wonder when we'll see the first figure from Episode VII.

I never thought HT would have a presence at Celebration but it makes sense, similar to SDCC where Sideshow have some of their figures in their booth. I really must go to the show one day. All these Marvel movies are cool but there is nothing like the Wars.

I guess your now all seeing just how close to the dark side that Disney truly is. Dark+side_a180ff_4225072.jpg

EmperorPalpatineMouse.jpg
I own you vader and soon I'll own all franchises and will bow down to me. HaHa.
you know why, because I'm cute and they wont see it coming

I wonder what gets released first, this or an EP7 figure.

Back