1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the normal ?
image.jpg

It took me ages because I didn't want snap the dome
I ended doing it with a long strong knife you can get around it better

Okay here is where I am at. I am not finished, but wanted to get some feedback.

Too low, not low enough?? I also have not done any paintwork on the helmet yet.

2016-01-27 18.26.56.jpg

James, that's awesome. How'd you get the head to come apart??

yeah that`s what I did. I did not even touch the mask it`s self but just under the helmet I sanded it down to the nub. so what all colors are you using for the mask it`s self

Okay here is where I am at. I am not finished, but wanted to get some feedback.

Too low, not low enough?? I also have not done any paintwork on the helmet yet.

View attachment 240900

James, that's awesome. How'd you get the head to come apart??

I got a Stanley knife and cut the glue in the joint on the top of his head so I could just squeeze my blunt knife in and gently prised it away
Remember to do it from the top of his head because you won't see the damage once the dome is on

That's looking pretty good, Chaka. More menacing than suprised now.

Is anyone thinking of doing something with the nose insert? That's one of the things that bothers me about the mask.

And congrats, gizmo!

Gotta stay out of this thread. I haven't even received mine yet and you bastards are bending beltbox hooks, painting the armour and gloves, removing wires and lowering the dome. Can't unsee all that ****.

I Think the height of the dome looks good. Perhaps even a little too low...but maybe not. I think the angle is a little too asymmetrical. Also, I think it would look more accurate to paint the inside of the eyebrows black. Now, If only I could get my dome off.

I Think the height of the dome looks good. Perhaps even a little too low...but maybe not. I think the angle is a little too asymmetrical. Also, I think it would look more accurate to paint the inside of the eyebrows black. Now, If only I could get my dome off.

Thanks for the comments. The dome hasn't been glued down yet, so I can still move it around. I also see what you mean by the eyebrows. Might address that when I start painting the helmet.

Regarding the brows: I'm sure it looks good in hand, Chakaman, you have some really hot lights hitting him for these pictures. Once the brows are matte black and don't bounce so much light at the edge it should be perfect. In the movie you can basically see three notches on his nose, even as the widows peak is hanging over the top one. Go by that to judge your height.

Back