1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to get the dome off. It wasn't a pleasant process.

Im going to try to follow Jazz's blueprint.

2016-01-27 15.09.43.jpg

Thanks guys
I slightly buffed it using my Dremel and very fine buffing paste. And then I dulled it down again on certain strategic locations to match the movie look.

can you tell me more about this buffing paste?? what is it?!? I need this!!
please?!?

Scary? Was it difficult? I haven't gotten mine off -- thing just doesn't seem to want to make the final "break", so any insight would be helpful to me.

not so scary. go in on the sides. a little pressure with snap the glue. after that initial snap, I used my fingers to wiggle it until the other bits gave up. you can do this!!!

JazzInc, your weathering and modding is superb. It's cool that so subtle changes has such a huge impact on the look.

The two black bars on the chest armor (not the ones at the center with the U-shape) should also be completely gunmetal like the two gunmetal sections on either side of it. It isn't until ESB that those get painted black. But, it's such a minor thing that it really isn't necessary to fix it.

Scary? Was it difficult? I haven't gotten mine off -- thing just doesn't seem to want to make the final "break", so any insight would be helpful to me.

Just grab it securely at the base and wiggle in different directions with a good amount of force. Eventually the glue bond will break. Took mine a while, but was ultimately very easy

not so scary. go in on the sides. a little pressure with snap the glue. after that initial snap, I used my fingers to wiggle it until the other bits gave up. you can do this!!!

^This.

I am not sure about taking the head apart to get inside to paint the lenses red though.

Lenses were never red so it is unnecessary. Now if you want to replace the lenses with dark amber, that's something else.

Thanks!

Eager to see how your helmet looks lowered.

As am I. I am taking it slow though, don't want to sand too much off head.

I just got done weathering shoulder armor, chest box and belt.

Jazz, you are a tough act to follow. :D. I appreciate all your pics, they have been a huge help as I am doing this. Thanks again.

Back