1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some great work with the colouring and styling going on here, really getting the character coming out, is it easy to style or annoying?

Well it looks like I won't be getting my. Chewie today after all. He's stuck at Stansted [emoji20]

Disappointed!

Got my Han/Chewie 2 pack in today from BBTS. Of course, my Chewie had a super dark face so I spent the last hour fixing it. Also, the upper lip had an ugly gap so I fixed it with some apoxie sculpt. Here's what I got now:

IMG_7053.jpg

Much more satisfied now!

I just absolutely love this guy. Even though I've got other things I need to work on, all I really want to do is find new ways to pose and futz Chewie. :D

View attachment 218830

View attachment 218831

View attachment 218832

View attachment 218834

And one last shot inspired by the TFA poster. :D

View attachment 218833

Got my Han/Chewie 2 pack in today from BBTS. Of course, my Chewie had a super dark face so I spent the last hour fixing it. Also, the upper lip had an ugly gap so I fixed it with some apoxie sculpt. Here's what I got now:

View attachment 219061

Much more satisfied now!

Fantastic work!:clap

Ok, I just ordered one. Will take pics when I get it. I may need some tips on the futzing so prepare for a lot of questions guys!

Got to agree with the rest, that is a fantastic job right there. Very nicely done, sir! :clap

I bet you are that is stunning work
Outstanding !!!

What did you use ?

Fantastic work!:clap

Outstanding! What did you use for the face to lighten it?

That looks fantastic. Good stuff.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I used custom mixed acrylic paints that I applied with a brush, a toothbrush, apoxie sculpt and q tips. Took alot of messing around with but I'm more than happy with the results. I may end up working on the Han Solo eventually too. Here's another slightly different angle:

smaller.jpg

This is the part of jedi that chewie did'nt want anyone to see!
The scout did'nt look so confident in the next scene when chewie got free from his binders20151025_074359.jpg

Love this guy! I know he looks more ANH at the moment, just a bit of fun.20151025_071617.jpg
All the pics of what people are achieving with colouring the fur are outstanding, will have to try it myself soon.

Attachments

• 20151025_071528.jpg
    20151025_071528.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 326
  • 20151025_071440.jpg
    20151025_071440.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Best I have seen this figure look. I think you actually nailed what is wrong with the figure, it's the thin straight upper lip that throws off the likeness. Well done man.
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I used custom mixed acrylic paints that I applied with a brush, a toothbrush, apoxie sculpt and q tips. Took alot of messing around with but I'm more than happy with the results. I may end up working on the Han Solo eventually too. Here's another slightly different angle:

View attachment 219152

Last edited:

View attachment 219152

That's the best I've seen this figure. Good work.

Back