1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, don't go too crazy. With Luke Jedi, Luke Endor, Leia Endor - and also Leia Hoth - I'm guessing that we have at least one ESB or ROTJ (or both) Han coming very soon. The Han Bespin has been rumored for a couple of years. Whichever comes out, I'll take that Han on the right and either keep him Bespin or make him trenchcoat (he was trenchcoat - he's in that pose for the Leia Hoth fig.)

yeah well for the time being I will have the hans covered for right now any ways.

Hey thank you!
Question: I guess the 2 space tracker heads are those to the right. Right? The one on Hoth Han looks perfect, not so on Bespin Han. But again: your Bespin Han look skinny. It is not all in the height. Bulk should help compensate a big mellon. What do you think? Some fatsuit would be in order?
Thanks again!
m.

Yeah, that space trucker head is a slightly oversized, though not as oversized as the original custom sculpt (which was Indy.) There are two in the pic below - you can see I made the bodies for those maybe 1/4" taller, but HF was over 6' so a 1/6 fig should be a bit over 12" anyway. That head's actually almost the same size as the old/original Sideshow ROTLA Indy.

I recently bought a loose HT Han smuggler head to replace my hood-up Sideshow Han Hoth head, should have that installed next week. I truly hate the stock Han Hoth head (both hatted and unhatted.) There is something so not right about it, even with it partially covered. I'm not a huge fan of the HT Han head either, but I think it will look good in the Hoth head covering - part of the issue with the HT head might be the hair, the face sculpt in isolation is quite good.

NN8ASZX.jpg

Hey thank you!
Question: I guess the 2 space tracker heads are those to the right. Right? The one on Hoth Han looks perfect, not so on Bespin Han. But again: your Bespin Han look skinny. It is not all in the height. Bulk should help compensate a big mellon. What do you think? Some fatsuit would be in order?
Thanks again!
m.

Yeah the one on the far right is a quickie custom - I have some fat suit pants but I'm expecting a HT Bespin Han to be announced at SDCC, so I'm not bothering to fix it. It'll go back to being ROTJ Trenchcoat Han.

It was a Trenchcoat Han until a month or so ago until Leia Hoth arrived. I have him on a cheapo crotch grabber stand so it pushes the pants in like that on the inside leg and I didn't fix for the pic (it's not even on a proper 1/6 body - its a junk franken-body I had left over.) He's more a side display for Leia HOth.:lol

It's a very nice Han likeness but it has black hair - I'll probably touch it up at some point. They aren't too oversized. If you want oversized, try some of the later Sideshow Indy figures - the KOTCS Indy head looks like a PF head next to that one.

Hey!
Are you sure about that SDCC announcement? How come? It would be great, incidentally.........
And while are at it: if there is going to be HT Bespin Han, there'll be a HT Endor Han, right?

OK thanks for the info.

Your Hoth Han with ST head looks great except for the neck being too long, right?

My problem is harder, though: my ST mellon/head goes on a HT ANH Han. I can't really perform miracles on him in terms of bulk, considered the outfit. Too revealing. Any tips?

BTW how did you increase height? One of those ankle extenders? Which ones do you use? Are they any good?

Thanks again!
m.

Yeah the one on the far right is a quickie custom - I have some fat suit pants but I'm expecting a HT Bespin Han to be announced at SDCC, so I'm not bothering to fix it. It'll go back to being ROTJ Trenchcoat Han.

It was a Trenchcoat Han until a month or so ago until Leia Hoth arrived. I have him on a cheapo crotch grabber stand so it pushes the pants in like that on the inside leg and I didn't fix for the pic (it's not even on a proper 1/6 body - its a junk franken-body I had left over.) He's more a side display for Leia HOth.:lol

It's a very nice Han likeness but it has black hair - I'll probably touch it up at some point. They aren't too oversized. If you want oversized, try some of the later Sideshow Indy figures - the KOTCS Indy head looks like a PF head next to that one.

Thinking of permanently switching out my JNIX head for the Hot Toys smirk but I can’t get it to sit low enough on the neck.

To anyone using the smirk head, have you tried removing the plug from inside the head to get a better fit?

Thinking of permanently switching out my JNIX head for the Hot Toys smirk but I can’t get it to sit low enough on the neck.

To anyone using the smirk head, have you tried removing the plug from inside the head to get a better fit?

Why meddle with perfection?!

Just got this figure off ebay, never opened. The elbow joints were so damn stiff my god, it was almost impossible. I notice the waist joint is a little loose. However overall this is a great figure.

Dudez,
has anyone tackled the weird boots problem? You know,
the boots' shaft not being vertical, and the pleather
showing ugly wrinkles near the ankles.
Thanks in advance.
m.

Brother Numspie,
can't find any Thor neck peg anywhere... could you tell us just how long that particular peg is? That way, we can try and find equivalent pegs.
I hope only length changes from a HT neck peg to another.
Thanks,
m.

I didn't remove the plug, I just got a shorter HT neck peg on ebay. Thor Light Armour neck peg works great.

Brother Numspie,
can't find any Thor neck peg anywhere... could you tell us just how long that particular peg is? That way, we can try and find equivalent pegs.
I hope only length changes from a HT neck peg to another.
Thanks,
m.

Unfortunately I can't get to the figure at the moment (I had to seal up and tent my cabinets and shelves due to some renovations).
All I have is that previous pic for reference. The original ANH Han neck peg is on the right (longer).
You'll notice that on the THOR neckpeg, the bar between the balls, is roughly half the length of the other one. Maybe you can use that to estimate the length of the whole short neckpeg.
neckpeg.jpg

I also tried to look up the details from the purchase, but I bought it Dec.2017, and the Ebay link no longer works for the description of the product.

Anyone have some extra HT ANH Han Solo hands that they'd be willing to part with. I'm looking for a set of the non-gloved hands.

They would be rather popular as they contain pistol grip hands, something of a rarity as the majority of HT hands are a rifle grip.

I'm thinking about doing a kit of the Falcon ramp, as pictured, and wanted to gauge interest- great for many display options!
Thanks!
Falc24.jpg

Back