1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel the same way. They didn't knock it outta the park like some sculpts, but I think this one takes more heat than it should sometimes. At least it works. I tried hard to get behind the ANH sculpt but it requires mental gymnastics and lighting that Han does not.

My precise sentiments as well.

Have you guys experienced the shirt changing colors to I think orange? I read through like half this thread and that was the only issue I’ve seen with this guy - and the boots but that doesn’t bother me. If I remember correctly it was from the glue melting or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last I checked about a month ago, I didn’t see any issues with the shirt on mine. Same issues as when I first got him: extremely tight shoulder and elbow joints, and an extremely loose waist.

Have you guys experienced the shirt changing colors to I think orange? I read through like half this thread and that was the only issue I’ve seen with this guy - and the boots but that doesn’t bother me. If I remember correctly it was from the glue melting or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. It’s either the glue or the cooper wire rusting or both. I think at the end of the day the biggest issue is humidity.

My first one turned orange so I bought another and immediately removed the copper wire and it’s been okay ever since.

It’s likely the glue at least. There’s been other figures where parts of the outfit have kind of turned an orange color. Many BvS Superman figures for instance developed an orange ring early on around the collar of the suit due to the glue underneath the collar.

Yeah. It’s either the glue or the cooper wire rusting or both. I think at the end of the day the biggest issue is humidity.

My first one turned orange so I bought another and immediately removed the copper wire and it’s been okay ever since.

Interesting. Copper turns *green* when it oxidizes, not rust coloured, although I suppose there could be a reaction of some sort. I still suspect glue but if so, it's not all batches.

It’s likely the glue at least. There’s been other figures where parts of the outfit have kind of turned an orange color. Many BvS Superman figures for instance developed an orange ring early on around the collar of the suit due to the glue underneath the collar.

Aha -- more evidence that it's the glue, not the copper wire.

Interesting. Copper turns *green* when it oxidizes, not rust coloured, although I suppose there could be a reaction of some sort. I still suspect glue but if so, it's not all batches.

If it’s worth mentioning, mine is from the second run they did after the first run sold out. Same with my Chewie.

Aha -- more evidence that it's the glue, not the copper wire.

The wire definitely rusts whatever it’s made of. Doesn’t turn green — posted some pics way back. But yeah, the same issue has happened with figures that don’t have the wires like the shirt on Batman Returns Bruce Wayne.

The wire definitely rusts whatever it’s made of. Doesn’t turn green — posted some pics way back. But yeah, the same issue has happened with figures that don’t have the wires like the shirt on Batman Returns Bruce Wayne.

Weird. Copper darkens as it tarnishes and then green as it corrodes. Maybe the first stage stains fabric or sets off the glue.

Weird. Copper darkens as it tarnishes and then green as it corrodes. Maybe the first stage stains fabric or sets off the glue.

Yeah, here’s what it looked like. Don’t ask why I had 4 Han shirts at one time. :lol

0935468f0525201f871d52dfce497d58.jpg

Yeah, here’s what it looked like. Don’t ask why I had 4 Han shirts at one time. :lol

[...]

It slowly reacts with ... I can't remember if it's just oxygen or sulfur as well (been a while since I did that class) and goes dark. I don't think humidity accelerates it on its own because it doesn't contain iron, but when it comes into contact with other chemicals that can change. So it would actually be whatever is in their glue accelerating whatever reaction is going on in the copper than the other way around. (I'm a trained metalsmith but school was a while ago, I haven't worked with copper since 2nd semester).

I remembered that the shirt has two wires, one on each side. So it was just the old wires and new ones. Phew.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I remembered that the shirt has two wires, one on each side. So it was just the old wires and new ones. Phew.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Is it easy to remove the wire ? Mine has the yellowed inner strip of fabric. Is that what you're talking about ?

It does look OK as it's only that inner piece of material.

IMG_7238.jpg

I cannot wait to see how much improvements of new ESB Han +Chewie over their ANH counterparts.

Back