1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought this last week. The head is better than the prototype imo

2m5kob7.png

The sculpt turned out very good. I've come to accept that there will be no perfect Harrison Ford sculpt from anyone. Even the customs are at least a little off.

I was captivated by your pose and missed the VHS box the first time around - that's super awesome! I wish I had a set of vintage ones, I'd shamelessly copy you with that trick.

What's your lighting system you're using?

Great setups! Love the VHS boxes lol.
I was captivated by your pose and missed the VHS box the first time around - that's super awesome! I wish I had a set of vintage ones, I'd shamelessly copy you with that trick.

What's your lighting system you're using?
Great idea to use that head from Stormtrooper Han.
Did you know this?:

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=86_97&product_id=1134

What do you guys think oof this head? I have it. Production is very similar to proto. Good and cheap.

m.
Thanks guys!

Asgardianboy, yes I have that head, too. Two actually. I was using that for my Han until I got the ST Han. It's a nice HS, but it's a little over sized. And is a better old Han (More ESB or ROTJ than for ANH).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oh... Oversized?? Do you have any picture to illustrate that issue?
m.

Thanks guys!

Asgardianboy, yes I have that head, too. Two actually. I was using that for my Han until I got the ST Han. It's a nice HS, but it's a little over sized. And is a better old Han (More ESB or ROTJ than for ANH).

It’s a nice sculpt with pretty mice paint apps too. Reminds me of the Kenner big head Han, but it’s still passable.
Yeah it's not terrible. I like it. I'd actually rate it higher than HT stock ANH head. Works great for a general Han Solo. Not necessarily for ANH Solo though. I'm waiting to see what they do with ESB and ROTJ Han sculpts to see if I need these for those.

Yeah, that space trucker head is a slightly oversized, though not as oversized as the original custom sculpt (which was Indy.) There are two in the pic below - you can see I made the bodies for those maybe 1/4" taller, but HF was over 6' so a 1/6 fig should be a bit over 12" anyway. That head's actually almost the same size as the old/original Sideshow ROTLA Indy.

I recently bought a loose HT Han smuggler head to replace my hood-up Sideshow Han Hoth head, should have that installed next week. I truly hate the stock Han Hoth head (both hatted and unhatted.) There is something so not right about it, even with it partially covered. I'm not a huge fan of the HT Han head either, but I think it will look good in the Hoth head covering - part of the issue with the HT head might be the hair, the face sculpt in isolation is quite good.

NN8ASZX.jpg

nice han`s I`m working on a ROTJ version of han. just need to find him a gun holster belt for him.

Yeah, don't go too crazy. With Luke Jedi, Luke Endor, Leia Endor - and also Leia Hoth - I'm guessing that we have at least one ESB or ROTJ (or both) Han coming very soon. The Han Bespin has been rumored for a couple of years. Whichever comes out, I'll take that Han on the right and either keep him Bespin or make him trenchcoat (he was trenchcoat - he's in that pose for the Leia Hoth fig.)

Back