1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

That's pretty damn good.

The hair piece really does throw the likeness out though - as mentioned earlier.

It needs pushing down a little more or something. ****ed if I know why they'd do that; swappable hair that doesn't sit right.

If it's not PERS making them look like creepy ventriloquist dummies, it's the hat hair. :lol

What the what!?!?! This came out of nowhere! And Chewie too? I'm out of it for awhile and everyone's getting delusions of grandeur! Holy news!

I'm guessing when Hot Toys releases an ANH Luke (which seems like it might be sooner than later) we could expect another stormtrooper belt as the exclusive? At least I hope that's the case :rock

EDIT :doh Meant Hot Toys, not Sideshow :lol

Last edited:
Great PS mods there.

Well the Sparrow sculpt changed from the initial solicitation to the final product, and was improved on. HT doesn't typically do that. But it's true that very few sculpts are going to get universal support here. Honestly, I've come to accept that Hot Toys doesn't get it totally right in the vast majority of the cases, and don't expect anything else. The McFly and T-800 figures also have likeness issues, but they are closer to the spirit of the characters/actors than this Solo is IMO. On the one hand, I kind of wish Kojun tried a smirk to at least better reflect Han Solo (if not Ford), but on the other hand, his attempt to do that with RDJ Stark was far less than a success.

Looking at the silver lining, it is more aesthetically pleasing than was Arnie Kim's Indy, and doesn't have PERS to make the likeness even more wonky. We've probably seen a dozen distinct Ford sculpts, and really none of them seem 100% spot on, even the Trevor Grove ones. So, this is probably the most we could have reasonably expected from HT.

Thank you for your logical response, I think thats the bottom line, I hope no one gets the wrong impression, I spent all day wed. looking at the pics over and over, and found myself getting excited too. I still will order this figure and if its not to my standards and I'm not pleased I'll likely return it to sideshow. I just wish it captured the spirit of Han Solo, just a wee bit more.

I'm guessing when Sideshow releases an ANH Luke (which seems like it might be sooner than later)

Where did this rumor come from? I was anticipating Hot Toys to visit this and Sideshow to continue exploring virgin territory - with the exception of classic trooper release which was teased at SDCC verbally.

Back