1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw these photos and the figure looks close to perfect for me.
10343652_10152354359148133_5464843080077007422_n.jpg10665773_10152354358778133_3427930090858905469_n.jpg

Since someone mentioned it earlier, I just can't stop seeing Jim Morrison in a Han Solo costume.

Well, I guess it's official that I can leave this thread and await the first in-hand photos :lecture

Toy Hunter set-up looks great though :rock :rock

And they will release horrible Indy's or whatever else we turn a blind eye on, sorry but if I'm going to spend 8 months paying off 2 figures I expect it to be a little better, best sculpt of Han Solo so far? Yeah but why stop there and go for perfection? Think back to all of your fav. sculpts you would never sell, wouldn't you expect the same for a movie icon like Han Solo?

My favorite sculpt that I would never sell is the Jack Sparrow DX-06. I came lately to the HT game because I was out of collecting for several years. But when I read that thread people ripped that one apart too. I think it just comes down to never being able to please everyone. I'm sure there are people who will repaint this one and it will look better. I don't have the skills for that. But as it is now I am happy with it and can't wait to get him. But as I said my standards are lower than some I guess.

A fellow collector did this over at the OSW, all kudos to him.

Although the angle is slightly different between the two photos, I think it show quite clearly where the areas of improvement are.

Great PS mods there.

Well the Sparrow sculpt changed from the initial solicitation to the final product, and was improved on. HT doesn't typically do that. But it's true that very few sculpts are going to get universal support here. Honestly, I've come to accept that Hot Toys doesn't get it totally right in the vast majority of the cases, and don't expect anything else. The McFly and T-800 figures also have likeness issues, but they are closer to the spirit of the characters/actors than this Solo is IMO. On the one hand, I kind of wish Kojun tried a smirk to at least better reflect Han Solo (if not Ford), but on the other hand, his attempt to do that with RDJ Stark was far less than a success.

Looking at the silver lining, it is more aesthetically pleasing than was Arnie Kim's Indy, and doesn't have PERS to make the likeness even more wonky. We've probably seen a dozen distinct Ford sculpts, and really none of them seem 100% spot on, even the Trevor Grove ones. So, this is probably the most we could have reasonably expected from HT.

A fellow collector did this over at the OSW, all kudos to him.

Although the angle is slightly different between the two photos, I think it show quite clearly where the areas of improvement are.

Weird - like Han Solo as featured in "Sin City." Sort of real, sort of not.

Back