1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some folk can't understand the word prototype. This isn't SS where things always go from bad to worse. The final product will be fine, but the folks who will cry can do just that. Although I got to say if it shipped like that I'd be happy.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411641353.582665.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkView attachment 135728
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411641396.078968.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411641386.360995.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411641386.360995.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
Han's headsculpt is almost there, others have said that it is Ford from the chin up to the nose and the rest is slighty off, eyes etc, which i would agree with.
But this IS Hot Toys guys, they do better than good enough (indy DX being the exception) and i believe the production release will blow us all away!

So I was absolutely stunned when I saw this yesterday. Pretty impressive bomb to be dropped by HT. Revealed and PO in the same day is great. I think the extra hair sculpt is pointless and will stay in the box. Other than that, I'm not worried about it being improved.

I showed my wife and said I was probably only going to get Han and she said, "What? You can't get Han and not Chewie." God I love her.

:goodpost:
So I was absolutely stunned when I saw this yesterday. Pretty impressive bomb to be dropped by HT. Revealed and PO in the same day is great. I think the extra hair sculpt is pointless and will stay in the box. Other than that, I'm not worried about it being improved.

I showed my wife and said I was probably only going to get Han and she said, "What? You can't get Han and not Chewie." God I love her.

Can someone please back me up on this, I couldn't put my finger on why the sculpt wasn't quite there, then looked up who sculpted it. And came to the realization that hot toys needs to stop using Koujin cause he has more misses than hits, and thinking back on all the sculpts that weren't there lead back to him, didn't he used to work for Enterbay? The state of that company now, maybe they shouldn't of hired him. Don't believe me, here are some examples:
View attachment Riverspoons-Hot-Toys-MK7-Comparison.jpg
hot-toys-iron-man-3-tony-stark-sixth-scale-figure-updates-04.jpg
face sculpt.jpg

Jong Hyuk, Park who did Adam West Batman, and the current Marty Mcfly as well as the well liked Chewbacca on here, should be used more and maybe be given more sculpts to do. Marty Mcfly is a little off, but then I realized that Koujin did the Sculpts Art Direction XD

If the stuff cited in the images is wrong I'm sorry but its also to point out that minor tweaks can make the biggest differences. Also in my perfect world Yulli would do all the sculpts but maybe she is only limited to Arnold, Stallon, and Marlon Brando :(

It's Star Wars fans, man, Star Wars fans. When it comes to irrational fanaticism, we set the bar really high...or really low, whichever you prefer.

It isn't just Star Wars fans. It is collectors in general. I read through some of these threads and swear you could shrink down the actual actor to a 1/6 scale size, set them in front of some people and they would still find eleventybillion things wrong with it. I'm not saying this sculpt is 100%. But it is Harrison Ford. It is Han Solo. No denying it. Good enough for my collection. Maybe I just have low standards.

If I was a HT SW fella I'd swap heads with Hoth Han. Then take this headsculpt and put it on Hoth Han and pull the hood up and put the goggles on him riding the tauntaun.

BOOM

It isn't just Star Wars fans. It is collectors in general. I read through some of these threads and swear you could shrink down the actual actor to a 1/6 scale size, set them in front of some people and they would still find eleventybillion things wrong with it. I'm not saying this sculpt is 100%. But it is Harrison Ford. It is Han Solo. No denying it. Good enough for my collection. Maybe I just have low standards.

And they will release horrible Indy's or whatever else we turn a blind eye on, sorry but if I'm going to spend 8 months paying off 2 figures I expect it to be a little better, best sculpt of Han Solo so far? Yeah but why stop there and go for perfection? Think back to all of your fav. sculpts you would never sell, wouldn't you expect the same for a movie icon like Han Solo?

:lol at all you whiney-pants blouses who bang on like a dunny door in a storm because the likeness on an action figure you don't have to buy doesn't meet your exacting standards. You poor, miserable, sulking sacks of buggery.

:lol at all you whiney-pants blouses who bang on like a dunny door in a storm because the likeness on an action figure you don't have to buy doesn't meet your exacting standards. You poor, miserable, sulking sacks of buggery.

Bang on, blouses, dunny doors, buggery.

I just read this in an Australian accent.

Back