1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AXdkCg.jpg

Bzf5HY.jpg

tvnQYR.jpg

Last edited:
I'm liking it more and more on the Hoth figure. The hair is too "fluffy" and parted wrong for ESB but it still is so Ford that it works. I will probably modify one of my Inigo sculpts to work in the Hoth headgear ultimately though. Although HT will probobly release all the Hoth figs next year!

That looks really cool. Very nice. :clap

Even with more accurate hair, Ford's face was still a bit rounder in ESB for whatever reason, so I'm still not sure it would feel accurate to the movie.

In ESB he doesn't have that little "tassle" of hair in the front, but I think I can let the hair differences go - the part is in much the same place, even if the front and overall shape's a bit different. Fortunately, Jnix's hair sculpt isn't as drastically ANH as it could have been.

The face difference could also partly be lighting - ANH has a brighter, flatter (almost TV) lighting palette versus ESB's more high contrast look.

This is the look I was going for. It's not strictly correct I guess, but close enough to give it a shot.

2m5nql1.png

I seemed to have miss the boat with Jnix's solo head, I tried messaging him on his Facebook page but no answer DAMM !!
He's got it spot on with the likeness it pisses all over the HT'simage.jpeg

Got the Han Solo re-issue. The wire was definitely corroded on my old one. Immediately took out the wire on the new one. I liked the little extra help in posing the shirt but it's really not needed if it's going to discolor the shirt.

2eea1078fd5b5eecdbaddf5b7e37dbed.jpg

For a while I'd been wanting to compare the Han body with the Bruce Banner body as it has the better elbow articulation so I did a quick body swap. Banner body is a bit too broad and maybe also a bit flat in the chest, but otherwise looks really close and doesn't look too bad. Main knock is the arms don't seem to want to lay close to the side.

0d9014e0204cdb452566df2a8fe1f8cc.jpg

84f0d152145b240501ee123bf9752698.jpg

Finally I wanted to do a comparison of the first issue head vs the second one. The second one is a little bit darker (right) and the eye placement is a bit better (less sad puppy dog look) but otherwise they seem about the same to me.

han-heads_zps5jal9wmc.JPG

Last edited:
Yep, 2.0 repaint is better. I see the confused puppy dog look in the first version, with THIS sculpted expression, they had to rethink how to sharpen it, IMO, and you can see the 2.0 has better eyes, brows, facial tone. It is true that HT has upped their paint apps game since Leia and I think this shows it.

Got the Han Solo re-issue. The wire was definitely corroded on my old one. Immediately took out the wire on the new one. I liked the little extra help in posing the shirt but it's really not needed if it's going to discolor the shirt.

2eea1078fd5b5eecdbaddf5b7e37dbed.jpg

For a while I'd been wanting to compare the Han body with the Bruce Banner body as it has the better elbow articulation so I did a quick body swap. Banner body is a bit too broad and maybe also a bit flat in the chest, but otherwise looks really close and doesn't look too bad. Main knock is the arms don't seem to want to lay close to the side.

0d9014e0204cdb452566df2a8fe1f8cc.jpg

84f0d152145b240501ee123bf9752698.jpg

Finally I wanted to do a comparison of the first issue head vs the second one. The second one is a little bit darker (right) and the eye placement is a bit better (less sad puppy dog look) but otherwise they seem about the same to me.

Yep, 2.0 repaint is better. I see the confused puppy dog look in the first version, with THIS sculpted expression, they had to rethink how to sharpen it, IMO, and you can see the 2.0 has better eyes, brows, facial tone. It is true that HT has upped their paint apps game since Leia and I think this shows it.

That's interesting. I don't notice too much difference between those two heads - the slightly darker complexion/hair on the one on the right seems like expected variation you'd see within a batch.

I don't see much difference in expression. Unless it was pointed out, I would have just thought the pic showed two of the same head. Maybe the difference is more noticeable in-hand.

I'm not sure if it's just slight variation but between the eyebrows and eyes there's definitely a slightly more focused look to Han. I would have likely kept the newer one but there's a gap between the hair and hair piece that bugs me.

That's interesting. I don't notice too much difference between those two heads - the slightly darker complexion/hair on the one on the right seems like expected variation you'd see within a batch.

I don't see much difference in expression. Unless it was pointed out, I would have just thought the pic showed two of the same head. Maybe the difference is more noticeable in-hand.

I think you misread my post. I referred ONLY to the paint apps. When I commented on THIS sculpt, I meant this Hot Toys Han sculpt, which is the same... meaning it wasn't easy to work with and i think they brought out more detail and a "better look" with the paint apps on this one. Cool?

The brow furrows are more defined on the Jnix and some of the skin features on the chin/mouth area. There's more detail.

I'd buy it myself but I have too many other oars in the water ATM.

I still think that the jnix sculpt wins hands down as the best likeness. the hot toys sculpt is still a great resemblance of Harrison ford as a little older like for examples the empire strikes back.

When you look at that side-by-side, it's so hard to figure out why jnix's looks like a shrunken down HF and the HT doesn't. What's weird is that a lot of things look so similar to the HT, yet the likeness is so much stronger on the Jnix. It's the mouth and the browline, but there are obviously other facial subtleties that need to be nailed.

In some ways the best thing is it actually has an expression (and a kind of rugged one at that,) whereas the HT is pretty blank faced.

Back