1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the Hot Toys sculpt had a furrowed brow like the Jinx one, it would have made a world of difference. I think TaliBane is spot on that it has to do with the expression.

Easily the best 1/6 headsculpt I own, without question! :clap

image.jpeg

I think that's just a little blob of wax on his forehead where I was styling the hair - it isn't anything wrong with the sculpt/paint. I just really love this shot! Mark Simpson painted the sculpt and added the hair.

When you look at that side-by-side, it's so hard to figure out why jnix's looks like a shrunken down HF and the HT doesn't. What's weird is that a lot of things look so similar to the HT, yet the likeness is so much stronger on the Jnix. It's the mouth and the browline, but there are obviously other facial subtleties that need to be nailed.

In some ways the best thing is it actually has an expression (and a kind of rugged one at that,) whereas the HT is pretty blank faced.

The things that I notice that are mainly different is that the Jnix sculpt is rounder overall and feels fuller in the cheeks. On the HT head the forehead and taller hair end up looking pinched just a bit toward the top. The HT one looks the slightest bit stretched in comparison.

For me, the subtle expression in the lips, and then the brow and eyes are where the likeness comes out as stronger on the Jnix sculpt. Really does help too that the hair looks a bit more like Ford's. The shape of the HT hair always reminded me of Roger Federer.

The things that I notice that are mainly different is that the Jnix sculpt is rounder overall and feels fuller in the cheeks. On the HT head the forehead and taller hair end up looking pinched just a bit toward the top. The HT one looks the slightest bit stretched in comparison.

For me, the subtle expression in the lips, and then the brow and eyes are where the likeness comes out as stronger on the Jnix sculpt. Really does help too that the hair looks a bit more like Ford's. The shape of the HT hair always reminded me of Roger Federer.

C'mon - honest mix-up by HT...

Review_PFHanSoloRebelHero_still.jpg

Roger-Federer%3A-%26acute%3BRio-2016-will-be-different-and-unique%26acute%3B-Meanwhile-his-family-plays-tennis-in-Dubai-(PICS-INSIDE)-img29312_668.jpg

I just received Han on Friday and with the exception of the dark hair am perfectly happy with the HT HS; I may try to dry brush his hair with a lighter color...we'll see.

Thanks to a good friend I was able to trade for my first Han sculpt. Not a bad likeness. Having fun with my dio...I'm cell phone photoshop skills suck.

Back