1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nolan should've signed Depp to take ledger's place. I think he coulda pull the role well.

Yes I agree, I am a total fan of all Nolan's work but I must admit some of TDKR was crap. I think anything he did would have never lived up to what Heath did as the Joker anyhow, unless he had lived and reprised the role.

Warner Brothers won't have a moratorium on the Joker forever. Once they've decided they can get away with it they'll recast the Joker--maybe for one of the Ben Affleck movies. Ledger's take was so specific that they have plenty of room to go with a new idea for the character.

Warner Brothers won't have a moratorium on the Joker forever. Once they've decided they can get away with it they'll recast the Joker--maybe for one of the Ben Affleck movies. Ledger's take was so specific that they have plenty of room to go with a new idea for the character.

I totally agree, I have a feeling they are going to go with more of an Intelligent Joker, like a Crime boss like Kingpin. They might even have his disfigured from acid or something similar to 89 Batman.

I just finished watching TDK again last night and when the Joker hanging upside down scene ended the voice in my head said "and this is where Heath died". Almost combining Heath and Joker as one and accepting the the character/ actor died. Never questioning the Joker character anymore

The great thing about the Joker is the character is more special and iconic than any actor. It's the type that can have many different incarnations and still be interesting.

I'm curious to see the next time an actor tackles the character.

The great thing about the Joker is the character is more special and iconic than any actor. It's the type that can have many different incarnations and still be interesting.

I'm curious to see the next time an actor tackles the character.

I agree, I still love Jack Nicholson Joker he was more of a sinister comedic clown, while Heath was a homicidal maniac. I would love Daniel Day Lewis to take a stab at it , but he chooses his roles with caution and might now want to do a movie of this nature.

That is the funny thing Chev, everyone that has played him has done a great job with the character and they have left their own little spin/take on the character.

I think the mass-level hysterics should not rise up again when the new Joker is cast unlike prior to Ledger and we should just judge the actor after the fact. :lecture

Did Nolan ever reveal the actual script of TDK? Was The Joker character really supposed to end TDK just hanging upside down?

I have a copy of the script,that is how it was written .Nolan doesn't stray from the script,and most of it made the movie.the only scenes were the joker speaks that were cut was after batman catches Rachael and there on the car it cuts to the joker being driven away and a henchmen says "what about dent"which heath replies " I told you I am a man of my word."i think I'm rember ing it right,it's defenatly something along those lines.ther were also some minor changes to duo log here and there,like when he says of your good at something never do it for free,the original script is "like my mother always said,if your good at something never do it for free."also there was a scene of him in the nurse outfit on the bus,that I'm the DVD extras.otherwise the script and what you saw were the same.

I just finished watching TDK again last night and when the Joker hanging upside down scene ended the voice in my head said "and this is where Heath died". Almost combining Heath and Joker as one and accepting the the character/ actor died. Never questioning the Joker character anymore

In his very last shot, the film is flipped.

Did Nolan ever reveal the actual script of TDK? Was The Joker character really supposed to end TDK just hanging upside down?

Well, he sadly passed after he was done filming The Dark Knight, I think he was already working on his next film (Imaginary Dr Parnissus? sorry, I forget the name) so all the scenes he filmed for TDK were done. Now, whether or not any "potential after-the-hanging-upside-down" scenes were left on the editing floor, that will probably remain a mystery.

:dunno

In my imagination, the Joker is still to this day sat in a cell in an empty Arkham Asylum all alone...

Well, he sadly passed after he was done filming The Dark Knight, I think he was already working on his next film (Imaginary Dr Parnissus? sorry, I forget the name) so all the scenes he filmed for TDK were done. Now, whether or not any "potential after-the-hanging-upside-down" scenes were left on the editing floor, that will probably remain a mystery.

Yeah I always wondered if there are scenes filmed that were never used , there has to be. I understand the respect Nolan has for his actors death but showing some of this lost footage would be a treat
to his fans.

Yes The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, it was such an unfortunate loss for all of his fans, he was just at that point in his career like RDJ and McConaughey where everything picks up, however after playing the Joker and with that performance he has already become a Legend, at least in my books anyway

I thought some of the alternative takes used in the trailers were better than the film.

'Why so serious?' was better
'Hit me!' was better
and his reaction to shooting the bazooka was extended; it showed him struggling to cope with the power / kickback which I felt was really 'Jokerish' - the idea that he would just grab a weapon and use it without putting any thought into it.

^"This CITY deserves a better class of criminal...." Don't know why, but I like that more than TOWN....^

Also, "I'll settle for his loved ones!" line in one of the trailers, might've been a Nokia or exclusive one, but it sounded much funnier, LOL

I have a copy of the script,that is how it was written .Nolan doesn't stray from the script,and most of it made the movie.the only scenes were the joker speaks that were cut was after batman catches Rachael and there on the car it cuts to the joker being driven away and a henchmen says "what about dent"which heath replies " I told you I am a man of my word."i think I'm rember ing it right,it's defenatly something along those lines.ther were also some minor changes to duo log here and there,like when he says of your good at something never do it for free,the original script is "like my mother always said,if your good at something never do it for free."also there was a scene of him in the nurse outfit on the bus,that I'm the DVD extras.otherwise the script and what you saw were the same.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Back