1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all know that. But when you have absolutely zero to contribute besides lazy complaints, having the 4th highest post count in a thread with almost 4,100 responses - you have to wonder what psychosis drives that.

For comparison, at least when someone like Difabio has complaints about a Nolan fig, he (usually) has an actual insight or funny comment.
I've never understood the desire to moan and complain about something you don't like. I have no interest in the Terminator figures and I've never once been in a thread about them. If I'm not impressed with a figure and don't want it, I ignore it. Simple as that. Beating a dead horse with nonstop whining makes no sense.

Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive...

It's Burton Bat fans way of coping with the fact that that they might not get anymore figures from that universe, meanwhile TDK fans are getting characters like John Blake.

Hell, we might even get Talia before they can preorder the DX15.

And it's always cool to hate on anything from these films on here.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive...

It's Burton Bat fans way of coping with the fact that that they might not get anymore figures from that universe, meanwhile TDK fans are getting characters like John Blake.

Hell, we might even get Talia before they can preorder the DX15.

And it's always cool to hate on anything from these films on here.

But, I like both.

The problem with this figure is the price. If it was $200 - $220 it wouldn't be an issue.

I've never understood the desire to moan and complain about something you don't like. I have no interest in the Terminator figures and I've never once been in a thread about them. If I'm not impressed with a figure and don't want it, I ignore it. Simple as that. Beating a dead horse with nonstop whining makes no sense.

It's basically frustration of price bro. HT is raping everybody and some people (like me) get very frustrated especially since the prices keep raising, and nothing really changed.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive...

But, I like both.

The problem with this figure is the price. If it was $200 - $220 it wouldn't be an issue.

I like both too.

Still the usual suspects that show up and clown (no pun intended :naughty) on this figure are nowhere to be found in all the other overpriced figure threads. Thats where they need to be honestly, that Iron Man XLII repaint cost $344 bucks, which is far worse than this considering it comes with next to no accessories what so ever.

Difabio and Fran are funny members, especially Difab but never take anything he says as gospel, we know why he shows up in all these TDK trilogy threads to cause mayhem :lol

You're an agent of chaos, Fabs.

If this were $240 tops, you wouldn't get the same level of vitriol and scorn. But Howard and HT were swinging their ***** with a $270 price tag, before shipping. This figure deserves a lot of the heat it's gotten. It's just a matter of when is enough enough.

You're an agent of chaos, Fabs.

If this were $240 tops, you wouldn't get the same level of vitriol and scorn. But Howard and HT were swinging their ***** with a $270 price tag, before shipping. This figure deserves a lot of the heat it's gotten. It's just a matter of when is enough enough.

When "enough is enough" ? It's time to get out. You r paying top dollar for the best high end collectables available.
If you are priced out the game - boo hoo - do t buy them- end of!
Buy Mattel figures, remember when they were 5 pounds?
They cost at least 12 pounds now?
I'm not advocating hot toys advancing prices but when people complain they can't afford them.
That's time to get out, they don't make you buy them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When "enough is enough" ? It's time to get out. You r paying top dollar for the best high end collectables available.
If you are priced out the game - boo hoo - do t buy them- end of!
Buy Mattel figures, remember when they were 5 pounds?
They cost at least 12 pounds now?
I'm not advocating hot toys advancing prices but when people complain they can't afford them.
That's time to get out, they don't make you buy them

You missed my point, completely. When I said, "when is enough enough," I was referring to criticisms, not price. Some Freaks enjoy continually needling this figure, others are tired of it. Isn't that the purpose of such a board?

We've had this discussion before. For some reason, it's not sinking in. It's not a question of price and not being able to afford it, it's about VALUE. Many of the more vocal critics of this release don't think it's a good value, especially at full price plus shipping.

@Yankee

Yeah, I don't think it's ever been an issue of affordibility.

Let's face it, these specific dolls started out at $100-$140 a pop originally. That's not exactly chump change. The fan base has gotten larger and the prices are even higher, so no, it isn't a matter of "aw man, I can't afford, going to cry about it on a forum". Like Yankee said, it's about one's perception on value. I don't know about others, but me personally? Even if I was raking in billions, I'd still balk at the prices for some of these things. I didn't approve of the $300+ price tag on the DX 13 or Robocop and still got those ****ers.

You've influenced way too many bruh.

creasy will defend BRJ 2.0 to the very end. He believes that it's superior to the DX01 and DX11. Does anybody remember what was included in those particular releases? Hmmmmm?

I'm not saying that you can't have an unpopular opinion. But the defense of that opinion better be something more substantive than, "You don't like it because you can't afford it."

I completely understand what you saying but at the end of the day that is what it comes down to. Your posting on a thread about a figure you hate/can't afford and prrpetually moaning about it?
Why?

Only one person is hating in here by the looks of it. All the other naysayers have moved on because this figure is old news.

It's Franny, and he ain't moaning. He looks to be taking the piss, which is something we all do. Pissing feels good (unless you have an STD of course). And I'm pretty sure he can afford it (he's buying that weird looking Batman film Premium Format figure for $400).

I completely understand what you saying but at the end of the day that is what it comes down to. Your posting on a thread about a figure you hate/can't afford and prrpetually moaning about it?
Why?

ShaqLSD.gif

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. If you did, it would've registered by now. Are you really suggesting that people who regularly buy $200, $300 and $400+ figures can't afford this?

And if someone wants to post in a thread of a figure that they dislike, that's their prerogative.

Only one person is hating in here by the looks of it. All the other naysayers have moved on because this figure is old news.

It's Franny, and he ain't moaning. He looks to be taking the piss, which is something we all do. Pissing feels good (unless you have an STD of course). And I'm pretty sure he can afford it (he's buying that weird looking Batman film Premium Format figure for $400).

I thought you were buying the PF too man. It's actually looking quite decent on the first in hand pics.

Or maybe, you just can't afford it like that Yankkeefb bastard. I pity poor people that can't afford expensive, ****** looking things.

Back