1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 237D06 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Mark II Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been eyeing this guy since they announced him. I had him on pre-order from SS but cancelled it.
They have him at my local shop for almost $600 CAD. The quality looks amazing and is a beast .. Just don't know if he's worth it at that price. thoughts?

I have been eyeing this guy since they announced him. I had him on pre-order from SS but cancelled it.
They have him at my local shop for almost $600 CAD. The quality looks amazing and is a beast .. Just don't know if he's worth it at that price. thoughts?

The price is a little high but not too bad imo. Probably would even out considering shipping fees from SS. I love this figure and I was on the fence just like you. So happy I picked it up. But thats just my opinion :)

Mine just arrived from SS today and I was also very on the fence with this purchase due to the price, only being a casual IM fan (I still don't own an actual IM Mark armour, yet -- holding out for diecast Mark IV), plus all the competition from Star Wars, which is kicking the crap out of my wallet. Like others here, though, I've loved this armour design since it was previewed years ago and am very glad I stuck it out. Absolutely stunning in-hand and the details are outstanding. This guy paired with Iron Monger will be the only IM (and maybe even Marvel) villians I ever need. Only thing I'd change is I'd have preferred the armour clean vs weathered and can't say I care that much for diecast. IW is kind of ridiculously heavy, IMO, which I realize most will like but it doesn't do much for me given the premium. Otherwise, though, 10/10.

Here's my Whiplash alongside some other baddies: IMG_1985.jpg

Well I caved .. I found him at another local dealer for a bit cheaper so I got him (I hate you guys sometimes haha). I can see why the price is the way it is but it was a hard pill to swallow. This figure demands your presence, the amount of detail is astonishing .. it's a very delicate piece so please be careful! I used the pose he pretty much came in the box with.

Is this the kind of figure that will appreciate in price over a few years?

Anyways, here's a picture

whiplash.jpg

Is this the kind of figure that will appreciate in price over a few years?

I predict yes. I think this is going to be worth a ton in two years. People don't realize how great this is, and eventually people will catch on. To me, this is the best figure of the year, and I get most HTs.

People talk about the Igor, Groot or MK43 being great, but Whiplash 2 is better than both by a good margin to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I predict yes. I think this is going to be worth a ton in two years. People don't realize how great this is, and eventually people will catch on. To me, this is the best figure of the year, and I get most HTs.

People talk about the Igor, Groot or MK43 being great, but Whiplash 2 is better than both by a good margin to me.

I agree. This figure is fantastic. And despite how popular hot toys is right now...it's just starting to get some mainstream coverage and Spotlight. If they get a little bigger and grow to Neca or something size and popularity the older releases will really start to jump in price. And judging by the sdcc buzz this year...and anicon..that may happen...

And this figure is great. I've got a lot of these figures and I almost never like the villains. That's mostly just a personal qurk. I can't root for a guy who would try to kill me. Lol so they usually stay in the box unless I'm doing a dio scene. But this figure is front and center all alone. He just looks great. And kinda like King Arthur meets iron man. Even if you have no clue who he is, he looks fab.

Hot Toys - MMS 237D06 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Mark II Collectible ...

He just looks great. And kinda like King Arthur meets iron man. Even if you have no clue who he is, he looks fab.

To me it looks like a Samurai Iron Man.

Well almost 12 hours later i'm home and he's awesome as all hell. Holy crap this figure is immense...so intricate and my eyes are too tired to fully appreciate it. But damn was he worth the wait. Here's a shoddy Iphone pic. Such an incredible toy.

image.jpg

Good stuff :duff
As cool as the light up features are I didn't install the batteries in mine because I herd it can cause damage in the long run. For such an expensive piece I am not taking any chances.

Good stuff :duff
As cool as the light up features are I didn't install the batteries in mine because I herd it can cause damage in the long run. For such an expensive piece I am not taking any chances.

Oh absolutely. I just wanted to test it out and make sure it worked as well as take a shot or two. When I'm done with all that, the batteries are going right back into the box. I don't want thn exploding inside the figure.

Sidenote. That little screwdriver they included with this figure is very useful. For this figure and others. Very generous of them :lol. $400 well spent :panic:

Back