1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, this whole tax situation with sideshow is crazy. I end up paying close to 694 for the whole thing. I guess will have to pay flex on this one...

What's the latest with this Kato character? Did he quit HT and sell clothing sets on his own? Or is he still working with them? Or does he just sell sets on the side?

He doesn't work for HT; does/did stuff for other co. but he mostly does custom runs and sells his offerings privately on forums. The Asian sect of the 1/6 industry is somewhat small and most of the big names in the biz (both licensed & custom) know each other. HT is well aware of who Kato is and hired him to replicate the killer Joker outfit he produced for them (one off job). IDK why they bothered because the final product of what was included in the DX11 was a shadow of the original custom Kato offering quality wise.

Don't sweat it- not worth it. Sell DX12 and put what you get towards the Armory set?

You can always keep the DX12 since it does come with the stand and EMP gun and accessories. That way you can bash a Batman while you leave the rest of the armory set in the armory. You can just switch out the cowl if the new one is better, plus the new mouthpieces. That's what I will do at least.

He doesn't work for HT; does/did stuff for other co. but he mostly does custom runs and sells his offerings privately on forums. The Asian sect of the 1/6 industry is somewhat small and most of the big names in the biz (both licensed & custom) know each other. HT is well aware of who Kato is and hired him to replicate the killer Joker outfit he produced for them (one off job). IDK why they bothered because the final product of what was included in the DX11 was a shadow of the original custom Kato offering quality wise.

Gotcha. Thanks for the history. :hi5:

what do you guys think the secondary market prices would be for Alfred and Bruce?

$200+ easily. Possibly even closer to $300. I think you'll have more people wanting to part with the armory and Batman than Alfred and Bruce. Those that just one Alfred could make a bit of their money back by buying the full set up and selling their $100 Bruce for $200+ though. There will be plenty parted out, but they will all go for premium prices. The only way get a decent deal on Alfred and Bruce is to buy the full package. As most have said, the Batman figure included in the basic set is a good $225-250 value so the price of the armory itself is quite low in the overall picture.

-sigh- as much as I don't want this crap, I do!, damn it! Would it look really funny if I brought this and have a bunch of 1/4 figures? Don't know what to do anymore, ah whoever thought buying toys would be hard haha

Yes. The Batman in this set is the based on the suit from TDK so it has nothing to do with the DX12 which is from TDKR.

It is basically DX 12, what are you talking about? You could compare recent pictures with DX12 thread.
There were two different suits in the trilogy BB suit and this suit, which has no difference in TDK and TDKR except how he wears his gloves (yet DX12 is actually more based on TDK, probably because they designed it before TDKR hit the theaters).

The Batman figure in this set is the DX12 without some stuff I mentioned and the faceplates. The new faceplates in this set are superior so that alone makes it very desirable, The TDK and TDKR suits are the same so HT is using the DX12 assembly/suit.

damn, im so pissed for myself. Got the DX12 a month ago for $400 and this set with Batman is $380!
:mad::mad::mad:

Doesn't that work out the right way though? Are you not looking for one suit to sit in the cage and another separate Bats fig?

Unless you only want one or the other I think for all purposes most people need both

Gotcha. Thanks for the history. :hi5:

:duff

Last edited:
Back