1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing i don't like about the HT Batman figures is they are up there as some of the more toyish looking figures

What? How so? Have you seen them in person? They don't look anything like their toyish counterparts... From the armor to his cowl, its all very realistic looking...

Yes i have them

It's just my personal opinion, i just think they are some of the more toyish looking figures that HT produces. I'm not saying the look cheap.. but they also aren't the most realistic looking figures out there

What? How so? Have you seen them in person? They don't look anything like their toyish counterparts... From the armor to his cowl, its all very realistic looking...

I disagree, this set has a lot of detail and the action figures themselves are true to the film and the actors. While they are certainly "toys" in the sense that they are posable action figures, I certainly wouldn't confuse them with mass market toys like you'd find at Toys R Us or some other chain retailer, although I'm sure non-collectors and other uninformed folks would have no idea of the cost/pricing of HT (or 1/6 in general) and would be surprised to find what they retail for.

I think your missing my point.

I'm not saying they look like mass produced toys or that the set as a whole is toyish

I'm saying the stock Batman figure itself looks less realistic than most of HT other figures and therefore, in the collection looks more toyish that most other figures. Be that for numerous reason

The 1/4 doesn't suffer from it

I'm saying the stock Batman figure itself looks less realistic than most of HT other figures and therefore, in the collection looks more toyish that most other figures.

I blame it on the costume, but this has nothing to do with the 1/6 figure in particular. In comparison to other over-the-top costumed figures I don't think this example is any more toy-like in appearance than the others. Iron Man, etc. Especially if placed in a scene with other more plain-clothed figures and/or props. There have been some petty spectacular photos of both the armory and DX12 versions taken with great realistic flair.

They're nice figures, but they really don't look like actual guys in suits. The DX 12/Armory are the best we've gotten, but even then, they look toyish and unrealistic. The heads are a main factor. They're way too small. A "human sized" 1/6 head couldn't fit in that cowl. The swappable mouth plates, eyes (though better on later figures) and over all look makes it look odd, I agree.

Not sure what could be done to improve them though. The Armory Batman seems like it's as good as it gets while the 1/4 reigns supreme.

The Nolan Batman figures just don't photograph very well. Sure, some are able to capture the in hand feel with their pictures.. but more often than not that's not the case. It can be said that all HT figure look better in hand sure, but here it is really important. The DX12 looks way better in hand, I remember being terrified by the pictures of that figure. The Armory looks better than the 12 in pictures,however the 12 looks pretty good with the new face plates in hand. Also, eye positioning is very important for all the PERS figures, especially here.

I have my Armory Bats properly futzed, and standing next to RoboCop and Police Shootout at the moment and they all exhibit the same amount of realism.

Just some pics with my new Alfred & DX11, Hot Toys did a great job on the Alfred sculpt imo.

DSCF3214_zpsc6d9e246.jpg

DSCF3215_zps74191432.jpg

DSCF3216_zps1db57610.jpg

DSCF3217_zpsbe2ba473.jpg

They're nice figures, but they really don't look like actual guys in suits. The DX 12/Armory are the best we've gotten, but even then, they look toyish and unrealistic. The heads are a main factor. They're way too small. A "human sized" 1/6 head couldn't fit in that cowl. The swappable mouth plates, eyes (though better on later figures) and over all look makes it look odd, I agree.

Not sure what could be done to improve them though. The Armory Batman seems like it's as good as it gets while the 1/4 reigns supreme.
AMEN!!!

DX12/Armory suits are mix of different materials glued and sewn together with fine detail. I don't find them less realistic than other HT. If anything, the single rubber suit in the Keaton 89 Batman is arguably "less realistic" looking if only because of the suit's design. I'd say the Armory suit is impressive considering the work that must've gone into making them, from the logistics of getting this produced in x quantity to the process of making them.

or1a55.jpg

Guys, where can I get high res wallpaper/photo of BatBunker?
And also, I want to print that on a paper; do you have any suggestions what kind of paper is the best one?

Thanks.

Great picture... where did the blue prints for the Bat come from? Tempted to grab the Bruce / Alfred set myself if I can find the money amongst current pre orders, upcoming AoU figures and wanting to grab a DX12!

Lot to get!

I think your missing my point.

I'm not saying they look like mass produced toys or that the set as a whole is toyish

I'm saying the stock Batman figure itself looks less realistic than most of HT other figures and therefore, in the collection looks more toyish that most other figures. Be that for numerous reason

The 1/4 doesn't suffer from it
I agree with you. In fact for some reason i rate the dx12 batman higher than the armoury batman. Something just feel off about the latter. I can't shake that "inferior" feeling when i'm handling the armory batman. But the improvement on the eyes is a nice touch imo. The dx12 cant hold a candle to it. But other than that, overall, I felt the better 1/6 batman is still the dx12.

sadly I have had to cancel my order to this after a re-evaluation of my Hot Toy budget :( That said, I still really want a Batman to go with my Bane figure so if anyone has bought the Armory and wants to offload the Batman figure there's a (UK) buyer here waiting :wave

How is Armory bats in any way inferior to DX12? Armory bats has better leg panels and straighter bat chest symbol.

And I don't get what people's gripe is with the armory belt? The clips and accessories attach very securely. I was expecting them to fall off and whatnot.

Last edited:
Back