1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gents!

As many of you will know, I'm pretty critical and pernickety about new releases. With that in mind.
I opened up the rest of the set this morning.

The Bruce Wayne figure is FANTASTIC. The head sculpt is much sharper than the previous DX version. It harkens back to the super sharp sculpts we used to get before the "soft vinyl" look plagued our figures. The paint is much better on the face, but it's so sharp. I actually went "wow" when I opened him and I had little in the way of high expectations, when opening. My suit looks super sharp also, very very impressed. And Alfred likewise.

As for Bats, cowl better, costume looks more polished, love the new teflon sections. I haven't even opened the armoury yet. but so far 10/10.

:rock

Gents!

As many of you will know, I'm pretty critical and pernickety about new releases. With that in mind.

The Bruce Wayne figure is FANTASTIC. The head sculpt is much sharper than the previous DX version. It harkens back to the super sharp sculpts we used to get before the "soft vinyl" look plagued our figures. The paint is much better on the face, but it's so sharp. I actually went "wow" when I opened him and I had little in the way of high expectations, when opening. My suit looks super sharp also, very very impressed. And Alfred likewise.

As for Bats, cowl better, costume looks more polished, love the new teflon sections. I haven't even opened the armoury yet. but so far 10/10.

Glad to hear it! You'll post some pics when you can?

I'm a little ticked but I got most of the parts. I have a question for anyone who has them both: Are the gauntlets different? One looks shinier and so do the neck posts, are those different as well? I thought the shoulder pads might be smaller on the armory figure but now I don't think so

Oh and one more thing, does the armory version have that problem where the hands easily pop off? If it doesn't, what's different?

I'm a little ticked but I got most of the parts. I have a question for anyone who has them both: Are the gauntlets different? One looks shinier and so do the neck posts, are those different as well? I thought the shoulder pads might be smaller on the armory figure but now I don't think so

In the Max comparison shots, the shoulder pads on the Armory figure seem to rest a little more flush to the arms, they seem to hug the arms a bit tighter. But that may be because it's a brand new figure that has barely been posed.

Gents!

Good to hear that.

Are you thinking of any mods as usual?

Not your typical Batman poses, but I'm really digging these shots.

quickdraw1.jpg
quickdraw2.jpg

Not your typical Batman poses, but I'm really digging these shots.

I'm especially loving the unexpected and whimsical creative poses they've done. as far as my own armory goes, I'm still stuck figuring out how I'm going to display everything. Only one shelf is dedicated to Batman and that's not going to change. Right now it contains a cave motif along with DX12, Selina and the Tumbler. I'll need to decide if I keep the DX12 first off. Then if I don't, do I display the Batman body in the armory and all the other figures somewhere on the shelf, therefore no actually suited-up Batman. Or do I assemble the suit as a figure and display him too, which means no costume in the armory AND having Bruce wayne exist twice in the same space, once in a suit and another in Batman costume. Dilemmas of the first world, surely.

I figured DX12 owners may have been mad that shortly after their purchase Hot Toys releases an updated improved "DX" Batman with the armoury...
Especially for those who just wanted to have a limited collection,

Gents!

Sounds great! I look forward to getting it in hand.

I can anticipate a crazy rush on parts of this when Nolan Batfans realise how much better Batman looks.
it's like a little QS001.

R

Gents!

Excellent! Glad to hear it. Please keep your thoughts coming once you get into the armory and Bats figure.

I figured DX12 owners may have been mad that shortly after their purchase Hot Toys releases an updated improved "DX" Batman with the armoury...
Especially for those who just wanted to have a limited collection,

The armory release doesn't lessen what someone may already have in hand with the DX12.

Back