1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So much for the "release" tomorrow ..we would have seen Plastic Enemies teasers by now
October it is!:lol

Definitely. What is it with supporting characters? It's like, at least a select group of people have issues with the Jokers and the Batmen (often with good reason), but, when it comes to guys like Alfred and Gordon, and even Blake, they do an amazing job. As far as Blake goes, I loved TDKR, but I never really thought he'd have shelf appeal; enough that I'd want him, anyway, but seeing him with Gordon and the Batsignal, I was like "damn, he looks awesome."

I only speak for myself, but comic book characters, who are generally costumed, get a bit of an easier mark from me, just because it doesn't have to be 100% movie accurate to evoke the "Nice Batman" feeling I get when I look at it. They're more easily recognisable as "the character".

Supporting characters, on the other hand, have little going for them but their likeness. If Alfred didn't look anything like Alfred, he'd just be a random dude in some clothes in a box that has a "Batman" logo attached to it.

Back