1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, $42 for a faceplate does sound a little insane. But yeah, I can see that totally happening.

Complete pass if that's the case.

Thx, J&B.

Yup, seems a lot (is a lot) - but if you wants it.... I think that was the price roughly of Robbiethepainters' custom plate.

I just see it as the final piece to complete the DX12 - possibly one of the most modified figures in Hot Toy history.

Maybe the price will be a lot lower - I'm simply guessing all of this.

I kind of wish I didn't pre-order this set either. I just got excited about Alfred and Bruce.

That's how I was. Now they are just sort of guys in suits. Maybe OMG's pics will blow me away. I'm not optimistic.

Now Robocop on the other hand....:yess::panic:

How much would you say those mouth plates will go for?

And if you are getting them through eBay, how would you know they are not fake ones?

Do you have a trusted seller? I wouldn't mind If you you share that info as I'm interested on the mouth plates only as well :)

It's not even confirm if HT are giving us anything new at this moment apart from 'newly painted technique' whatever that means :lol

Judging from their recent reuse of sculpts, I wouldn't get my hopes high for this release.

It's not even confirm if HT are giving us anything new at this moment apart from 'newly painted technique' whatever that means :lol

Judging from their recent reuse of sculpts, I wouldn't get my hopes high for this release.

Well, the mouth pieces are new. I wouldn't mind getting those if the price is right, which I doubt.

Fake wise - it normally takes a while for re-cast fakes to appear.

The recasters have gone significantly faster AND better lately, J&B. With the recent releases like Thor and Loki, a week after the figure's released in HK you'd see on the Fb pages of some HK-based Ebayers the "prototype" of the "custom" head, and will go on sale the following week.

The recasters have gone significantly faster AND better lately, J&B. With the recent releases like Thor and Loki, a week after the figure's released in HK you'd see on the Fb pages of some HK-based Ebayers the "prototype" of the "custom" head, and will go on sale the following week.

And HT's way to counter it is by reusing their heads again and again :lol

The only copied mouth piece (not headsculpt) I've seen was the lower half of the DX12 Wayne head. I've not yet seen a straight recast of just a mouth piece.

Stop worrying people!

Where did this 'I'm worried I'll buy a fake by accident from ebay' come from anyway? You can normally spot the fakes anyway.

Where did this 'I'm worried I'll buy a fake by accident from ebay' come from anyway? You can normally spot the fakes anyway.

Nowhere? No one's talking about accidentally buying fakes, just about crazy prices and why high prices are always going to be an attractor for some people to make copies/fakes. ;)

Personally I hope there'd be recasts of the new faceplates for sale. Those are the only things that I am interested in on this set. My anticipation on this has died down, and I'm also cutting down my collection. I regret paying the NRD. I hope a new collector from here would look for this and I'd gladly sell mine at SRP.

Why not buy some originals from a part-out instead of promoting IP infringement?

Because I know that the price would be so high I might just end up keeping the set I ordered. I personally prefer authentic parts as well, but if the prices would be ridiculously high, I'd go for the recasts, which I've only done so once with a recast Wolverine head for a paint experiment.

To be more educated on this, a recast is basically a copy of the original material with a few tweaks, correct?

I usually don't buy third party stuff/fakes out of principle. I'm from a country where unless you don't get all the stuff you want pirated (movies, music, you name it) it is almost 100% impossible to do it otherwise, as originals on everything are almost price prohibitive vs what one makes. Having said that, I always wanted to pay for my original stuff, and I did when I could. Here in the States, everything is different though. I can't seriously judge anyone for not wanting to pay for originals, but I also don't approve of it. Where you live, what's your income like and all of that plays a huge factor. Just my two cents.

I've learned to embrace it as "occupational hazard".

You do realize that it can lead to your inability to maintain an occupation in your field right?

I rely on my IP to put food on the table for my family. If that goes, we starve - in addition to losing the house and other fun stuff.

You do realize that it can lead to your inability to maintain an occupation in your field right?

I rely on my IP to put food on the table for my family. If that goes, we starve - in addition to losing the house and other fun stuff.

It's true. I may have already lost thousands of $$$ from royalties that could have been had there not been downloadable copies of the books I've worked on, but personally I know that I can't stop the unlicensed copies -- not when there's people who also wants to get the product but can't afford to buy the real thing. My wishing that there'd be recasts of the faceplates I know is irrational, and I wouldn't mind if I be judged by it. But if it would be the only way I could get the next best thing, I won't be a hypocrite and I'd bite.

Back