1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ Do you have a link to his Batman decals? I did a search for threads started by him but I can't find the one with the TDK/TDKR line.

Here's the link here on the forum: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...s-1-6-Custom-Replicas-RED-Bandanas-Available!

Best bet is to just email or PM him with what you are looking for.

Same. Except I use Evil Face.

I like his decals as well. I contacted EF a while ago and may use him for one of my Two-Face bashes. You can't go wrong with either one IMO.

Cool thanks! Wow there's so many. I went through 50 pages already and still haven't found the Batman ones, haha.

Cool thanks! Wow there's so many. I went through 50 pages already and still haven't found the Batman ones, haha.

I emailed Corrose a picture of a bat symbol I wanted for my decal and he made it happen. So even if you don't see what you're looking for, email him a pic of what you want and he can do it. He also made me custom decals for my Last of Us Joel and a Harvey Dent. I can post some pics if you want.

Do you think there is a chance of having this sculpt in 1/6 for the armory release? It is technically the same sculpt (so they do not have to sculpt it anew), yet it is better than the DX12's one.
Hot-Toys-Quarter-Scale-DKR-Batman-7_1343395749.jpg

Do you think there is a chance of having this sculpt in 1/6 for the armory release? It is technically the same sculpt (so they do not have t sculpt it anew), yet it is better than the DX12's one.
View attachment 91774

Many would disagree with you on that but I agree it is a lot better than DX12 sculpt IMO. To answer your question yes it would be possible, all they have to do is shrink QS001 head down to 1/6th. Whether they care enough to do this is another thing though.

Many would disagree with you on that
Well. I would love to see both the cowl and the sculpt shrinked for this release. I understand that it will not have the same ammount of details, yet they are better than the DX effort. I'm not even dreaming about completely new sculpt, but "repainted" sounds really funny, so to me "the shrinked version" would be WIN/WIN option. :)

I'd think that after shrinking a larger sculpt via moulding/casting techniques, it's going to look like garbage. The sculpt needs to have fine detail work done to it just before production moulds are made. If these were done digitally, then it would be possible to make a print at any scale, ready for final "by hand" finishing.

I wouldn't expect much to change however, as it's one of the easy ways they can keep costs down for producing this large set.

I'd think that after shrinking a larger sculpt via moulding/casting techniques, it's going to look like garbage.

That would explain why Bobby Cs 1/6th Joker sculpts don't look as good as his larger scales, since he uses that process.

The sculpt needs to have fine detail work done to it just before production moulds are made. If these were done digitally, then it would be possible to make a print at any scale, ready for final "by hand" finishing.

I wouldn't expect much to change however, as it's one of the easy ways they can keep costs down for producing this large set.

That would probably be a better option.

I am planning to use the batman as a stand alone one, do you guys know a cheap alternative batman that i can sitck to the armory just so it's not empty? I am not familiar with any hasbro or dc action figures.

I am planning to use the batman as a stand alone one, do you guys know a cheap alternative batman that i can sitck to the armory just so it's not empty? I am not familiar with any hasbro or dc action figures.

Not sure how the Mattel 12-inch TDK Batman figure would look in there. It retailed for about $30 when new. It'll probably look way too bulky and out of place in this set (it's made of shiny-painted plastic). Also, you'd have to hollow out the cowl. Maybe with a dull repaint and some more detailing added it might work.

Thanks, do you think they'll update the prototype by then?

I'd say unlikely. To my knowledge, this set hasn't gotten negative feedback to merit a change. (example: DW Loki - I expect changes between now and release due to the overwhelming hate comments that proto has received thus far!)

Back