1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I jumped on the wait list for this on Friday night. Hopefully I can get a conversion- I figure I have about 50-50 chance since some people that jumped on the list this week got a conversion. I jumped on the wait list for the exclusive DK Loki on Thursday and a got a conversion notice on Friday night.

I jumped on the wait list for this on Friday night. Hopefully I can get a conversion- I figure I have about 50-50 chance since some people that jumped on the list this week got a conversion. I jumped on the wait list for the exclusive DK Loki on Thursday and a got a conversion notice on Friday night.

I thought there was no longer a wait list?? I checked I didn't see anything. Only the regular version.

I thought there was no longer a wait list?? I checked I didn't see anything. Only the regular version.

I had pre-ordered this last December and had to cancel it for other items I wanted earlier this year. I went back into my cancelled order history and
was able to get on the wait list by clicking on the link to the item on the cancelled order

Just click the pic on the first page of this thread. It will take you to the listing.

Oh I see? Thanks.

I had pre-ordered this last December and had to cancel it for other items I wanted earlier this year. I went back into my cancelled order history and
was able to get on the wait list by clicking on the link to the item on the cancelled order

Thanks for looking out Riandog421.

How on earth did you bend the wire part of the stand such that the grabber could still go around the torso? Since the grabber can only be put at the top of the wire, you really need to bend the crap out of the wire to get it that low! I still cant do it! Any tips on how you bent yours?

Nice pic! A slightly different, but better, variation of the pose I have my Thor in. I'm going to change mine up to match this. Thanks for posting!

How on earth did you bend the wire part of the stand such that the grabber could still go around the torso? Since the grabber can only be put at the top of the wire, you really need to bend the crap out of the wire to get it that low! I still cant do it! Any tips on how you bent yours?
larsen-bends-9-iron.gif

Sarcastic-Mr.-Bean-Margic-Quote-Gif-Snort-Snort.gif

lol it just bent it and angled it down, the pole really isn't bent too much if you notice the waist grabber it isnt grabbing him straight its more angled as i mentioned i will post a pic when i get a moment

[EDIT]

here is how the pole is bent

DSC_0008%2B%282%29.JPG

Sarcastic-Mr.-Bean-Margic-Quote-Gif-Snort-Snort.gif

lol it just bent it and angled it down, the pole really isn't bent too much if you notice the waist grabber it isnt grabbing him straight its more angled as i mentioned i will post a pic when i get a moment

[EDIT]

here is how the pole is bent

DSC_0008%2B%282%29.JPG

Awesome work!! And thanks for revealing how you did it, cos I tried 3 times bending the crap out of my wire to try and match your first pic and couldnt do it!!! LOL!!

Awesome work!! And thanks for revealing how you did it, cos I tried 3 times bending the crap out of my wire to try and match your first pic and couldnt do it!!! LOL!!

lol they can be a pain,this is the first time i've really used one on a figure as he wouldn't stand without it due to how i positioned his feet, he would stand but his feet position would look unnatural. Also the pole kinda helps as the cape is resting on it from the side to give it a wind effect

finally i got mine today!!!:yess:
Nothing like a new figure to start the day lol, the pictures on this thread and the wait was killing me, I gonna post some pictures later

And ready for action:

This is the Kotobukiya Artfx Iron Man statue right? I was recently considering this for purchase but wow.. Thor looks huge compared to him in this picture. It might be because Thor is closer to the camera and his base is taller. Is that the case?

This picture right here just convinced me to pull the trigger on the first Amazing Spiderman figure. I always thought the outfit design was pretty cool but I wasn't sure if he could be THE spiderman in my collection. I plan on displaying him and Wolverine with my Avengers just as you are doing and this picture just did it for me. That is the Wolverine that I planned on kitbashing together as well. Perfect. Thank you..

BTW your Thor pictures look awesome as well! I sold my Avengers Thor because he got boring to me but I'm really starting to like this guy.

This picture right here just convinced me to pull the trigger on the first Amazing Spiderman figure. I always thought the outfit design was pretty cool but I wasn't sure if he could be THE spiderman in my collection. I plan on displaying him and Wolverine with my Avengers just as you are doing and this picture just did it for me. That is the Wolverine that I planned on kitbashing together as well. Perfect. Thank you..

BTW your Thor pictures look awesome as well! I sold my Avengers Thor because he got boring to me but I'm really starting to like this guy.

Just to clarify, that is the medicom amazing spiderman (which is inferior IMO).

Cant help thinking this figure is a tickingtimbomb.....

Paint is already starting to get very messy around the armpits and the ball of the shoulders and I have been gentle with it.
Also the mold marks which i only really just noticed in the daylight is **** looking.

thordamg_zps1ae8b002.jpg

Back