1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 224 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A mate of mine picked up his Thor today and noticed something odd about his right arm. Apparently where the armor is fitted to the arm, it's saggy instead of tight, like you can depress it in against the arm, not flush. Mine is flush on both arms and tight to the body. He's worried it's busted. I figured this would be the best place to ask, anyone else experienced this?

Try taking off the gauntlet, pulling the sleeve down a bit, then put the gauntlet back on. Mine was a bit bunched up at the elbow when I got it. Sounds kinda like what you're describing.

A mate of mine picked up his Thor today and noticed something odd about his right arm. Apparently where the armor is fitted to the arm, it's saggy instead of tight, like you can depress it in against the arm, not flush. Mine is flush on both arms and tight to the body. He's worried it's busted. I figured this would be the best place to ask, anyone else experienced this?

Check their facebook page, someone posted this pic:

1900091_10152501642698165_4118006735735190238_n.jpg

And they replied to him and gave him a email to reply to them about. If you go that route your friend may need a copy of his receipt.

Is that the paint rubbing off? I remember people saying that about about the light armor's arms. Gotta be careful to never let them rub against the body.

Show us the collection! Happy to hear you have opened your Dark World figures :hi5::yess:

I still have to reorder this at some point.

Yeah I opened Thor, Light Thor and Loki.... originally I just displayed the boxes because they are super nice, but it was too tempting not to whip them out.

Finally got my Thor. Regular and LAA are part of my huge bargain hauls over the weekend (including an Iron Patriot for $200 MISB -- whic at first I thought was used but was sealed in shipper's box!). LAA version's perfect. I had to instantly ask for a replacement with the regular as there were scratches on the silver paint of the armor in the armpits. It was nice of the store to provide another unit, which is perfect :)

That said, having both the LAA and Regular -- I'm loving the armored figure more. I loved the sleeveless look but IMO there's something off about how the arms were executed by HT, particularly the size of the deltoids. It makes the giraffe neck more apparent on LAA than the regular, IMO. I'm thinking things over and though it's possible that LAA would either hold up it's value or even shoot up higher, I might keep the regular instead.

Will try to take photos after the hectic deadline.

Looks like I'm going to eat my words. After seeing the AoU trailer I now think that HT would release a sleeveless Thor as a regular.

That makes this sleeved version a keeper.

Hehehe, sucks to be HT. Make the arms jointed and people are like "Frakkin' ugly joints! Doesn't look High-End!". Make it so and some would say otherwise :)

I would never bend the arms of the Light armor version, it looks horrible..... I don't now how they could improve on the new sleeveless Thor(AOU), possibly make it a statue :lol

HT's problem is they tend not to put enough bulk on their jointed arms... as long as they made them with muscle mass, they could be an improvement for the next Thor just so you wouldn't have to worry about the rubber.

I would never bend the arms of the Light armor version, it looks horrible..... I don't now how they could improve on the new sleeveless Thor(AOU), possibly make it a statue :lol

I don't think the bent arm on the light version looks horrible at all. Just check out my picture and video. No problem.

Back