Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ary, Im glad I scooped Jacob on it before he got slammed with back orders I still have another head for him to do. he is very good at what he does, better than HT IMO, they are great on skin texture but sloppy on the over tone apps. Im most impressed on the focal of his eyes. It was a roll of the dice but now that i feel comfortable with his style I will commission him for any and all future paint apps........AS Sooooooonnnn as he isssssss freeeeee LOL

Thank you sir means alot. Glad you can feel free to trust me with your sculpts. I'm working through the heads man won't be long and I can open the doors again. Thanks for the support bud

Thank you sir means alot. Glad you can feel free to trust me with your sculpts. I'm working through the heads man won't be long and I can open the doors again. Thanks for the support bud

Are you mixing paints to get the skin tones? What brand of paint do you use? Im happy with my applications but they arent quite as smooth as yours. Not sure if I need to thin my washes more or try a different brand. Using Villejo I think. I wish I had a better camera to show pics. Im assuming you use a DSLR for your closeups?

Btw...can you PM info about your X1 Logan sculpt. So awesome. Curious what your pricing is. I have a set of bone claws I could use for a tank top bash.

Are you mixing paints to get the skin tones? What brand of paint do you use? Im happy with my applications but they arent quite as smooth as yours. Not sure if I need to thin my washes more or try a different brand. Using Villejo I think. I wish I had a better camera to show pics. Im assuming you use a DSLR for your closeups?

Btw...can you PM info about your X1 Logan sculpt. So awesome. Curious what your pricing is. I have a set of bone claws I could use for a tank top bash.

I use acrylic paints from michaels for the base skin tones. Then translucent washes fro the shading. PM me and I can get you a better explanation. Just takes practice there are no good tutorials. ...All trial and error mostly. Lastly I use my cell phone s4 for pics as I don't have a slr yet.

Wont regret it, man. This figure is awesome as is, and even better with some bashing. I do recommend the stache mod though. He needs some HS touch up and he is good to go.

OK, Rahmier....

Here are some pics of my HS repaint. No where near as smooth as yours, but I do my best lol. I'm happy with the results though. I added thicker chops and really tried to make the appearance of fine strands around the edges so it looked more realistic. I did the same around the lips and chin.

I think I just need to use thinner washes. And normally I try to matte down a satin wash to give the skin a more reflective tone for light, but in this lighting it is showing up pretty strong. I will have to go back over the face with a matte wash to tone it down some. It looks like he is pretty sweaty and has lip gloss on! :rotfl

Enjoy, guys!

OK, Rahmier....

Here are some pics of my HS repaint. No where near as smooth as yours, but I do my best lol. I'm happy with the results though. I added thicker chops and really tried to make the appearance of fine strands around the edges so it looked more realistic. I did the same around the lips and chin.

I think I just need to use thinner washes. And normally I try to matte down a satin wash to give the skin a more reflective tone for light, but in this lighting it is showing up pretty strong. I will have to go back over the face with a matte wash to tone it down some. It looks like he is pretty sweaty and has lip gloss on! :rotfl

Enjoy, guys!

Nice work! I think it looks great

Anyone seen this? Apparently it's being released in June, and cheap too.

Wolverine.jpgWolverine2.jpg

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=17888746219&tracelogww=ltckbburl

This is probably a question that's been answered many times, but should I get this figure if I don't want to make any alterations to it? I see a lot of people repainting stuff and changing things about the head sculpt. Personally, I think it looks fine and I'm not too picky about all that. I also am very, very new at collecting Hot Toys as I just purchased my first one (Amazing Spider-Man 1) on Monday and will be receiving it later this week.

Back