1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robin arrived today! I am a Robin fan and I don't care who knows it. Burt Ward was great in the role and my dad bought me a Tim Drake Robin trade paperback when I was in my very early teens. The right age! Never had a problem with Robin. The figures are great on their own, but perfect together.

View attachment 106549

Small warning: the cape is held in shape by a couple of fragile threads. I had assumed they were studs. I started copying a picture of Burt Ward in which he is holding his yellow cape out wide round his arms and I heard a 'snap!'. Still looks okay, as the thread didn't break all the way, but the threads would leave holes in the cape if you tried to take them out. Just leave the cape as is! No dramatic cape moves like with Batman.

Oh, and one thing: Robin does seem to have gigantic feet.

Rumors were Boy Wonder was well endowed.

My Robin has arrived. Minty-mint and perfectly-perfect. :blissy

(Still waiting for my Batman replacement from Sideshow though. :monkey2)

It's looking better than the first pics. Having any suit snag problems with all the handling you've done?

I personally really like the way the stock body looks, it's a nice departure from standard "hero" look that every figure has. Maybe that's just me.

Yeah, Mucho snags. However, i don't mind...Got my Tony Mei Batman costume today (for some reason i thought the shorts were included in the package)...No shorts.

102_7408_zps025c1ba0.jpg

102_7409_zpsb1c2bd35.jpg

The stock shorts are just fine. If you add a little junk to the front, and then stuff something in the backside since its hidden, you can get a nice snug fit. Plus, they match the cape perfectly.

Attachments

• 66 bats 1.JPG
    66 bats 1.JPG
    235.5 KB · Views: 563
The stock shorts are just fine. If you add a little junk to the front, and then stuff something in the backside since its hidden, you can get a nice snug fit. Plus, they match the cape perfectly.

Uncannily real looking- at first glance I thought it was a on set pic of West

I ponied up for the Mei combo too, I couldn't resist after seeing all the pics. Especially since there was a blemish on the stock suit... it was tiny, but I couldn't unsee it.

Yeah, Mucho snags. However, i don't mind...Got my Tony Mei Batman costume today (for some reason i thought the shorts were included in the package)...No shorts.

Does the Tony Mei suit seem more durable? Is it more resistant to snags?

I went ahead and ordered the Meis suit. The pulls were bugging me, and I would have been too skittish to try posing him any further. Plus, the cape looks much better, and the improved color and logo size are nice changes as well. This is a figure that I really want to hold on to, so I figure it's worth the extra investment. Robin should be here in a couple of days.

I still don't have my Adam West Bats yet, but I'm bummed by the fact that the suit is too fragile. Planning on getting a Tony Meis suit for the first time. You guys think the stock cape would go along well with their custom suit? Trying to see if I could save some money by not getting the caped set.

I'm sure it could, but Tony's cape falls much better IMO, and as such is more screen accurate. I couldn't get the stock one futzed the way I wanted to, and the little snaps you need to even approximate that are really fragile. Not sure why HT has such a hard time with capes, but thankfully boardies have been around to provide upgrades for a long while now (lforigno and now tony).

I'm sure it could, but Tony's cape falls much better IMO, and as such is more screen accurate. I couldn't get the stock one futzed the way I wanted to, and the little snaps you need to even approximate that are really fragile. Not sure why HT has such a hard time with capes, but thankfully boardies have been around to provide upgrades for a long while now (lforigno and now tony).

Thanks Kara! I've seen the photos and indeed Tony's cape hangs better and is more close to the screen material, but I've seen photos of the stock cape and from there I think I could live with it just like how I'm fine with HT's previous Batmen. It's just the suit that worries me as I want this figure to last and look good for ages.

Yeah, HT seems to lack research when it comes to looking for better cape materials. That or they just settle for the cheapest option. :lol

Robin was delivered today, and to say Batman and Robin look amazing together is a huge understatement!! Also I've been mindful and careful when moving my Batman and the suit hasn't snagged on me at all(knock on wood). Here's a couple phone pics
mepypu5e.jpg
ba5ytuty.jpg
huge6e9u.jpg

Brilliant review. Creative, fresh, and original. :clap:

Just brilliant! :clap

Even a bit of Benny Hill in them middle!

The beginning of that reminded me so much of the old toy commercials from the sixties.
You showed the "play value" of the figure perfectly.
The impulse to buy was overwhelming!!

WELL DONE!!

That was brilliant! Well done, sir, and welcome!:hi5:

Coolest. unboxing. video. EVER!
Great 1st post too! :welcome1:

You've got way too much time on your hands, but it was brilliant nevertheless. :)

Wouah! thank you to everyone for your messages and your welcome, my name is David and I will try to make other videos, normally the next will be ED 209.

Back