1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The '66 series was my first exposure to Batman, and in a sense that's still who Batman is to me. I remember the first time I read a Batman comic as a kid I thought "Whoa -- this is serious!" -- the next iconic Bats for me was Keaton's. I enjoyed Nolan's Batman but maybe I got too old or something, but he hasn't resonated with me as much. Have yet to see Batfleck in a film I enjoyed, so the jury's out on that but I do like him.

Adam West is like Roger Moore as Bond or Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia, Hamill as Skywalker etc. -- they *are* the character in my mind, based on childhood.

Well said. West, Carter, and George Reeves were my first exposure to Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman. I am 47 and would love to see a classic TV line, and more from the 66 show. Seeing the hot toys 66 Batmobile got me collecting Hot Toys.

Can’t believe it’s been over 5 years since these were announced. Still two of my favorites.

730908CC-1CA5-43AA-9FC4-53052E5AFB78.jpeg
3E578B80-05FB-4D16-8933-7055D72EC0D3.jpeg

The '66 series was my first exposure to Batman, and in a sense that's still who Batman is to me. I remember the first time I read a Batman comic as a kid I thought "Whoa -- this is serious!" -- the next iconic Bats for me was Keaton's. I enjoyed Nolan's Batman but maybe I got too old or something, but he hasn't resonated with me as much. Have yet to see Batfleck in a film I enjoyed, so the jury's out on that but I do like him.

Adam West is like Roger Moore as Bond or Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia, Hamill as Skywalker etc. -- they *are* the character in my mind, based on childhood.

Great post... don't necessarily agree with you, but have to pull you up – Roger Moore (as much as I loved the guy) was never James Bond! :lol

Sad to say but it's true. Leia was readily available but her passing came and the price shot up. Sounds mean to say but its the reason I picked up a Stan Lee a little while back because I know he's 94 and when he passes the price on his unique figure is going to be through the roof.

You don't say.

My brother and I did a run. Pieces were pricey as it was just a 10 piece run. I had a few left over fabricated parts that I made one or two more for a couple guys who ended up on the failed 2nd run.

These two are still some of the best headsculpts HT has done in the last few years. Too bad they didn't seem to get more love...

Agreed. They're kinda niche in today's market, but I think what hurt them more was HT abandoning the line. Some figures are elevated when grouped into a meaningful context. I'm happy we got the pair, but bitter about what could have been. :lol

These are without a doubt two of the most accurate sculpts they have produced. I agree, the line could have gone so much further and been highly successful.

Back