1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need his sodding Batmobile more!

Can I please ask what the general consensus on the Hot Toys '66 Batmobile is? Are most assuming it will never see production? After 3 years (it displayed at SDCC in 2012, I believe) is it time to abandon all hope? I have kept a special savings account just for the Batmobile, and could really use the money thus saved elsewhere...

Can I please ask what the general consensus on the Hot Toys '66 Batmobile is? Are most assuming it will never see production? After 3 years (it displayed at SDCC in 2012, I believe) is it time to abandon all hope? I have kept a special savings account just for the Batmobile, and could really use the money thus saved elsewhere...

Lots of folks are hoping, but I've given up hope on seeing it. Even if it did come out I'm no longer in the headspace where I'd throw a grand at a toy.

Mind you, I'd swap my HT Godfather for one. Maybe.

I have a feeling the Delorean will be the last big vehicle Hot Toys will ever attempt. Bat fans were lucky to get the '89 Batmobile, which is probably the last 1/6 Batman vehicle we'll ever see. Quality control issues? Not a cost effective piece that will yield profit? Who knows.

If they could get the '89 Batmobile and Delorean out there in a timely matter, I don't see what the problem would be with this one. What would be so difficult or complex about the TV show Batmobile's production where they could master the '89 and Delorean vehicles, but not it? If it's a $$$ like it's not worth producing because they think it wouldn't be profitable, why did they go ahead with the Delorean? Surely the television Batmobile would be more popular and sell more units being the icon it is and having that generational fan base. Licensing? Since even before the TV show was released on blu ray we've seen a plethora of 60's Batmobile product. Even non-Mattel companies stepped in with some products (even finding loop holes in Mattel's contract by offering vehicles where the wheels don't move). I can't imagine what could possibly be plaguing this project.

I still don't get why they did this damn thing before the 60s Batmobile.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-the-bat-deluxe-hot-toys-902212/

Wrong scale, no compatibility, not relevant, low interest, forgotten and yet, it went up for order and is estimated to arrive this year. Insane.

In reality, no one but them knows for sure. I hope it's just a production slotting issue given that we've seen they've been very busy with Star Wars & Marvel. I would think the Delorean could have possibly beat out the '66 Batmobile to production because of licensing issues i.e. Maybe they have more time for the '66 license than the BttF license. :huh

Who knows....

Such a shame. If the Batmobile had of been released, the Hot Toys '66 products would likely have been the greatest Batman collectibles ever made. :(

But I guess there's more hope for the Batmobile than, say, Sideshow's hallowed 'Missing In Action' Alien Queen - because at least we have seen a physical prototype of the car on close display. Still, it would be nice if Sideshow/Hot Toys could at least throw existing customers a bone with some new information.

Perhaps the upcoming Batman vs. Superman hype will encourage some extra effort to get it released.

I agree. If this doesn't happen, we need to get a custom project going. At very least, the four main villains (Joker first).

So I was looking on Sideshow last night, and saw that Robin was available to buy.

However, when I looked today, its sold out now.

how odd. Just when I was finally going to bite the bullet.

So no new 66 characters at SDCC preview night but there was a new Batman figure

It is the 60's TV Series Batman. The only thing that's changed is a few more accessories and a costume color tweak. The 66 movie Batman looks better IMHO. I was hoping for a Newmar Catwoman or Romero Joker at the very least. Plus, zero sign of the Batmobile. Unfortunately, I don't think the 66 Batman series has any legs at Hot Toys.

It's the first night. And only about 1/5 of all attendees will be at preview night so I'd wait till the weekend before I said there's nothing

Sideshow never put any new/different Hot Toys figures out after previews night in years past though. I doubt they surprise us with anything in the next couple of days. What's out is out it seems.

So was there ever any word about the 66 Batmobile from anyone at SDCC???

I want to put a 1/6 Batmobile in my collection, and if there is no 66, I want to go after the 89....

Buy the '89 one, if you want a Batmobile, you won't regret it.

I've had a lot of buyers remorse over the years with the figures and collectibles I've bought, but the Batmobile is not one of them. It's a great item.

Just got this figure today, and I gotta say it looks SO much cooler than I was expecting. I haven't had time to think up any great pose yet (and there are so many great ones to choose from for this figure), but it still looks great on my shelf just in this basic one.

And I can definitely see now just how careful you need to be with the outfit. I spotted a couple tiny nicks just out of the box, but you have to get up really close with a magnifying glass to see them, so I'm not too bothered by it (and probably wouldn't do much better with a replacement anyway).

And jeez, even on his much bigger base poor Keaton is completely dwarfed by this guy! :lol

IMG_0632 (436x900).jpgIMG_0633 (634x900).jpg
IMG_0629 (713x900).jpg

Back