1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 40 and this Batman and Robin is what had me and my brother safety pinning towels around our necks and running around the house re-enacting scenes from the show. That later lead us to obsessively watching Super Friends, Challenge of the Super Friends and The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians - simultaneously launching our Kenner Super Powers collection. Then came the comics, Keaton Bats and now Bale Bats...

IT ALL STARTED WITH ADAM WEST BATMAN AND BURT WARD ROBIN!!!

...at least for us anyway.

Even though you may only be 33, there a many people younger than you that love this version of Batman. I know there are many who can appreciate this version and the '89 Keaton version - it does not have to be so cut and dry people can like both and the Bale version also!
Just one man's opinion,
sjb66

I'm 39 and the show was on all the time when I was growing up. It was like watching a comic book come to life. I really hope HT hasn't abandoned this line of figures. Hopefully they'll continue with at least the core group of villains (Joker, Penguin, Riddler, and Catwoman), Batgirl, and finally release the Batmobile.

I'm 40 and this Batman and Robin is what had me and my brother safety pinning towels around our necks and running around the house re-enacting scenes from the show. That later lead us to obsessively watching Super Friends, Challenge of the Super Friends and The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians - simultaneously launching our Kenner Super Powers collection. Then came the comics, Keaton Bats and now Bale Bats...

I wish I was 33,39, or 40 LOL

me too. these guys started it all...a life long love of all things batman,DC and comicbooks really..and im 41 by the way.

I am very happy that I got this version of the Dynamic Duo. To me these are the true roots of todays Heroes, too bad the young whippersnappers of today don't appreciate the genesis of such great creations and only stick to what they see on the modern silver screen. Todays Batman seems to have spawned into Iron Man with his hundred different costumes. The definitive series is all I want and need. I am all in for the classic cast and classic Batmobile! Stay on course HT!

It doesn't seem like there's been any real negativity in this thread so far - but you know what?

People can potentially dismiss the show etc, but it was a brilliant piece of television genius; it hit all the right marks contextually.

I think folks seem to forget that a lot when discussing the 60s show.

I think if guys took a deeper look into the franchise, they would see just how ground breaking it was. At it launch, it was the most expensive show on television and the only one that showed episodes 2 nights a week (regurgitated from SDCC! :yess:)

There was also classic comedic stick that only adults would get ala bugs bunny but it wholeheartedly appealed to kids. The show was just brilliant. That's to say nothing of the cinematography, the use of color and the cameo appearances that had never been done on this scale before.

I think if you are a lover of cinema, movie and TV lore, this has got to be considered an early pioneer to the great movies and TV series we have today.

Same for me and my friends. Grew up in the metro Detroit area and we would pin the towels around our necks and re-enact the scenes as well. Absolutely loved the show as a kid, still do!

Last edited:
It doesn't seem like there's been any real negativity in this thread so far - but you know what?

People can potentially dismiss the show etc, but it was a brilliant piece of television genius; it hit all the right marks contextually.

I think folks seem to forget that a lot when discussing the 60s show.

I think if guys took a deeper look into the franchise, they would see just how ground breaking it was. At it launch, it was the most expensive show on television and the only one that showed episodes 2 nights a week (regurgitated from SDCC! :yess:)

There was also classic comedic stick that only adults would get ala bugs bunny but it wholeheartedly appealed to kids. The show was just brilliant. That's to say nothing of the cinematography, the use of color and the cameo appearances that had never been done on this scale before.

I think if you are a lover of cinema, movie and TV lore, this has got to be considered an early pioneer to the great movies and TV series we have today.

I agree with you gents. IMO 1966 Batman show is pretty spot-on to the pre-Dennis O' Neil and Neil Adams Batman in comics. It's an important part of the rich Batman history as Burton's Batman on film and Moore and Bolland's The Killing Joke in comics, no matter how "corny" other people think the show was.

It's great that HT pretty much blessed us fans with great Dynamic Duo figures. Only thing we could ask for is for HT to go ahead with the car and some more characters from the show in 1/6 format.

im really happy with this figure.!!!!! and the good thing is i wont have to get like 4-6 versions of the same character. all you need is one adam west BATMAN!

also i would like to see a catwomen and a batmobile would rock!

Some more praise to the series. My aunt said that "When Batman came on the reaction was bigger than when the guy with the joints showed up". Sorry, if that is poor forum talk, but it was her exact words. I guess she was around 16-17 when it first aired. Huge Batman fan she is.

Bought both figures , love them , watched the show when it originally aired in the UK in the 60's , passed the love of it onto my kids and now my grandchildren are watching it , they love it. It just keeps on giving , still so much fun for me , reminds me of simpler times

I won a twitter contest through @SideshowChicky about a month or so ago and the prize showed up a few days ago. Here's some pics of what I won!

1966 Batman

Back