1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... The belt is gonna go where it wants. I'm not too keen to mess with it too much. It's high on mine now, but it just adds to how goofy he looks, and let's face it, this figure isn't cool because it looks badass, it's cool because it looks goofy.

Too bad about the snags mate.. but don't agree entirely about the 'goofy' thing, it's a perspective I feel is unfairly thrown around to be honest. :)

West was an excellent representation of the silver age Batman, the SHOW was goofy - & he did some wacky stuff, but he & Ward nailed the vibe for that period in the comics expertly. :duff

Too bad about the snags mate.. but don't agree entirely about the 'goofy' thing, it's a perspective I feel is unfairly thrown around to be honest. :)

West was an excellent representation of the silver age Batman, the SHOW was goofy - & he did some wacky stuff, but he & Ward nailed the vibe for that period in the comics expertly. :duff
:goodpost:

The cool thing about this clip is that you see Adam putting the cowl on, which I don't ever remember seeing on the actual show because of the magical nature of the Bat-Pole.
It's about a minute in.

...and this is awesome as well:
Adam, Halloween 2013. Chuck Williams Studio cowl (I think).
Oct13_2013.jpg

Well, yeah, the show was goofy, and this is a representation of West from the show. The comics were pretty goofy too at that point, after the darker original comics. Maybe goofy isn't the most accurate word, we could also just say "lively" and "fun". I didn't mean goofy in a negative way at all. It's part of the charm of the series, West and this figure.

"goofy" "lively"...whatever or however it's said. That might be how it's seen as Adults. I appreciate the show in a different way now, then when I was a kid.
When I was watching this show as a kid there was absolutely NO goofiness about it...the shtick didn't register at all. The Dynamic Dou were always in deadly peril during the cliffhanger episodes and the silly quips and anecdotes were words of gold wisdom to my ears.
I'm not offended by descriptions such as "Goofy", etc., but I would like to point out that if you watched this show for the 1st time as an older child/teenager/young adult, this version of Batman will have a TOTALLY different meaning to you.

"goofy" "lively"...whatever or however it's said. That might be how it's seen as Adults. I appreciate the show in a different way now, then when I was a kid.
When I was watching this show as a kid there was absolutely NO goofiness about it...the shtick didn't register at all. The Dynamic Dou were always in deadly peril during the cliffhanger episodes and the silly quips and anecdotes were words of gold wisdom to my ears.
I'm not offended by descriptions such as "Goofy", etc., but I would like to point out that if you watched this show for the 1st time as an older child/teenager/young adult, this version of Batman will have a TOTALLY different meaning to you.

True. Good points. Perspective counts for a lot, as it often does. I wasn't alive when this show was originally on, but I did see it as a little kid. Half and half it was serious and goofy for me and of course the older I got, the more it leaned towards goofy. Shtick is the perfect word for it.

Back