Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark

Jesus mary and joseph. The headsculpt looks just like RDJ and you lot are complaining? :cuckoo:

Anyway it's not from X-Men First Class so it's a PASS!!!!

Jesus mary and joseph. The headsculpt looks just like RDJ

bloodsport.gif

Re: MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark

Looks amazing, light up arc reactor, light up base, just pure awesomeness :yess:

Price better be good, or I'm done with collecting this stuff.

21D09A55-7B0C-4DFC-94B5-B1B2526E30F7-1270-0000008DC5D28EC1.jpg

Still feel the Mark I 2.0 is the best RDJ sculpt to date but this new one ain't far off :clap

It's definitely better than the one that comes with the Mark VII

Headsculpt is terrible, well maybe not terrible but it's 2013 and Hot Toys should be nailing the sculpts by now. Especially after so many attempts.

Jesus mary and joseph. The headsculpt looks just like RDJ and you lot are complaining? :cuckoo:

Anyway it's not from X-Men First Class so it's a PASS!!!!

In 99% of cases I'd say that "we see with our brain as well as our eyes", "everyone will have a slightly different perception of likeness" etc etc.

But not this time. Nova you're just flat out wrong mate.

Don't worry they'll fix it, they haven't messed it from the last two releases.

I don't even like the character and can see him near perfect in that sculpt.

I honestly can't comprehend how you all can dislike it. Doubly so since they could've done another figure in it's place for people who want them (like Elias for example) but instead did this for you fans and you refuse to appreciate how good it looks :dunno

Yeah, the head may be a bit on the "buff" side. Looks like RDJ mixed with a smidge of Arnold. Still a decent sculpt... but I prefer the Mark I 2.0 and the Mark VII to this one. That shouldn't happen really. Each head sculpt should be as good as or better than the one before....

But the part that made me laugh:

Release date: Q2, 2013

:rotfl Do any of really believe this will make it out by the end of June?

I don't even like the character and can see him near perfect in that sculpt.

Not to come across as arguing with ya Nova- But maybe that is why the rest of us are judging it harshly? Imagine if Fass-neto came through looking a little "muscle-ized". I am sure you would be the first to question its sculpt, while those who aren't big XFC-fans might be okay with it? Not saying that is the case here for sure, but just throwing it out there.

BTW- You were the first one I thought of when these pics hit. I saw them late last night on FB and though- "Uh-oh... another one before Xavier. Nova isn't gonna wake up happy..."

Sallah

Headsculpt is terrible, well maybe not terrible but it's 2013 and Hot Toys should be nailing the sculpts by now. Especially after so many attempts.

I don't think they want to do their best, they just want to do better so they can keep milkin IM figures.

549843_10151218809377344_259433913_n.jpg

. . .

I think Kojun saw too much movies with Donnie Yen recently :lol

kill-zone-2005-02-g.jpg

Is that a light up arc reactor, or just a blue circle/triangle printed on the shirt??

Sure looks like the latter to me.

I am hoping it may be a combo of both. The stats say it has a light-up reactor, but it definitely looks painted on the shirt in the pics. That would be awesome if so. You can switch the light on when you want it glowing, but with it being painted on the shirt, you can have the light switched off for display while still looking accurate.

Kudos to HT if this is the case!

Sallah

$223 USD, not bad, but the eyes looks horrible, Kojun signature eyes sculpt :panic::panic::panic:

Wowza... Where'd you see that OMG? If this is under $250, I will pee my pants with happiness.

Sallah

Not to come across as arguing with ya Nova- But maybe that is why the rest of us are judging it harshly? Imagine if Fass-neto came through looking a little "muscle-ized". I am sure you would be the first to question its sculpt, while those who aren't big XFC-fans might be okay with it? Not saying that is the case here for sure, but just throwing it out there.

i don't think that's the case, i used to be a fan of him. When i look at these pics i see the best RDJ sculpt made so far. There is a lot of TLC put into this set people don't appreciate it.

It's just sad how there is little joy anymore. There isn't one single figure on this board that people are happy with, there is always something wrong from big huge dealbreaking issues to teeny tiny inconsequential ones. In this case it's near perfection and people still aren't happy, that annoys me

Last edited:
Back