Hot Toys: MMS 139 Resident Evil: Afterlife: 1/6th scale Alice Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else getting the impression that they down graded the likeness so that the figure can fit better into their current RE5 game based figures?

I think there is too much assumption going on about this figure. I just looked at their FB page and the Early August pics from AniCon look exactly like the first proto.

I think there is too much assumption going on about this figure. I just looked at their FB page and the Early August pics from AniCon look exactly like the first proto.

Assumption?? In a Hot Toys thread??

Now I've seen everything.

Nah, it makes perfect sense that they blew the likeness to intentionally devolve a figure to look like their video game figures released a couple years back. :lecture:lecture:lecture
:yess: *hopes for a 5-panel box and no less than 50 twisty ties* :yess:

Another pic from the show.

50s77k.png

Actually its not that bad....

Yay! I always wanted a Rosie O'Donnell sculpt!:rotfl

grphyx1;3738615[B said:
]I think there is too much assumption going on about this figure. I just looked at their FB page and the Early August pics from AniCon look exactly like the first proto.[/B]

You're right, the Anicon pictures still showed the prototype Headsculpt... but they changed again the sculpt at toy hunters display window, and the SGCCC, recently (just a few days ago)

If they have changed the headsculpt at Toy hunters window display again..then, it "could mean", that this "could be" the Final sculpt ( I say this from past experiences) :/

Anyone else getting the impression that they down graded the likeness so that the figure can fit better into their current RE5 game based figures?

That makes sense.. but I'm sitll think that maybe HT did'nt get the Image Rights of Milla Jovovich finally..:/
Mnnn ..Or maybe both theories are correct?? , because in this case, one thing leads to doing the other one :lecture..:rotfl

Last edited:
If this is really what she will look like I'm out! :monkey2
I will cancel too , I always liked the old look. Why they change, I'm very sad. This was the first figure I was happy to preorder. I don't what to lose my deposit but oh well. Hot toys have to mess up sometimes.

I'm happy either way but looking at both pics, I do agree the first proto did have better likeness.
Do they still have the older sculpt, or once they tweak it, it's final? Like they can't go back and fix it to revert it back?

Last edited:
Yeah I'm definitely not bothering with this after the sculpt redesign. It looks beyond awful.

Back