Hot Toys: MMS 139 Resident Evil: Afterlife: 1/6th scale Alice Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmm-hmm....

tumblr_lavbk7FZYy1qbxq6qo1_500.gif

............. :D BTW, is she being delayed?

There's no way the massively different shape of the head can be attributed to lens distortion.
Damn, I really want to see some official statement from HT...
Does the latest sculpt still have the "prototype shown" card?

Yeah I don't see how people can think this is camera tricks... maybe in denial? lol

There's no way the massively different shape of the head can be attributed to lens distortion.

If that's what you need to tell yourself to justify the chickenlittling. :huh

Again, there was the window pic a few pages back that looked just as long as the prototype.

I'm so gonna laugh at y'all when the sculpt turns out like the proto.

It's probably just a headsculpt they put on until they fix the one Milla approves.

Still got this baby on pre-order.

Milla isn't going to approve cause she doesn't have any thing to do with the HotToys Resident Evil movie figures. She has said so repeatedly on her twitter feed.

She just went on vacation with her husband to celebrate their second wedding anniversary and when they get back they are off to Canada and Japan to start filming Resident Evil Retribution.

Last edited:
If that's what you need to tell yourself to justify the chickenlittling. :huh

Again, there was the window pic a few pages back that looked just as long as the prototype.

I think I saw the one you refer to, and it's not the same by any means Nam...
The shape of the head is different, a lot wider. Now, I can imagine a scenario where this is a tweak made in casting for a test-shot and not a complete re-sculpt. But the fact remains it is massively different in shape.
Not chickenlittling, just pointing out what I see.
I'm not canceling my PO, but I'm very anxious to see final production shots of the figure in hand.

I think I saw the one you refer to, and it's not the same by any means Nam...
The shape of the head is different, a lot wider. Now, I can imagine a scenario where this is a tweak made in casting for a test-shot and not a complete re-sculpt. But the fact remains it is massively different in shape.
Not chickenlittling, just pointing out what I see.
I'm not canceling my PO, but I'm very anxious to see final production shots of the figure in hand.

I haven't seen anything definitive to tell me it's another headsculpt. The pics I've seen so far are on par with just about every other HT thread where ____ty pics are taken with lens distortion, shadow play, blur, flash, you name it, everybody makes a big stink about it, the lemmings cancel, the product's released, in-hand pics hit and everybody who didn't cancel gets excited while the lemmings find some other, stupid, fictional reason to hate on the figure. Wash, rinse, repeat next HT thread.

That said, glad you're not canceling. We're not gonna get another shot at a Hot Toys Alice.

I don't think lens distortion can have this effect on anything, unless someone's using a fish-eye lens! :rotfl

Besides, we've seen many different pics from different people in different conditions with different cameras, and the result is always the same: the shape of the head is different.

And how could I cancel? I bought Bros. Production's Alice for what? 120-130 bucks and then replaced the body with a 35 dollar Eva and had the head repainted! This HT Alice is a steal! :rotfl

I don't think lens distortion can have this effect on anything, unless someone's using a fish-eye lens! :rotfl

Besides, we've seen many different pics from different people in different conditions with different cameras, and the result is always the same: the shape of the head is different.

And how could I cancel? I bought Bros. Production's Alice for what? 120-130 bucks and then replaced the body with a 35 dollar Eva and had the head repainted! This HT Alice is a steal! :rotfl

I've seen several shots in the custom forum where the heads get this distorted up close. It's not uncommon, which is why I'm not the least bit worried.

First the angle...and now the lens distorsion :thud:

Yes, sure, certainly the wider Head Shape is caused by a lens distorsion of the cameras for ALL pictures taken, (no matter of the distance from which the picture was taken) and people who have seen Alice in person at Toy hunters display window and recent fair may have the same "lens distorsion" problem in their eyes in addition... :/

And Why the hell ALL other pics taken from the "old" Alice prototype were'nt as wide and looked fine and narrowed?? (even the closest ones)

If the final and retailer sculpt ended up looking more like the proto with narrowed head shape ( :pray: hopefully so :pray:) and not like this sculpt, then there will be some people who laugh at others saying that they were right and that was due a lens distortion, angle, and people who saw Alice in person had eye problems or whatever..when the reality and logic is that HT have reconsidered for better (due the bad feedback), and because this Headsculpt was'nt final after all ..:lecture

Last edited:
Back