Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATED! Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

I still side with the 'whiners'. I too would prefer to have as close to what I saw onscreen as possible minus the zippers - I don't care for someone elses 'impression' of Gigers design.

Just saw the prototype on display at Toy Hunters in HK. While I haven't changed my mind on the corrections that still need to be made, the prototype does look good IMHO. Very nice paint apps and overall size.

I don't care if it's been said before. I am just rationalising for my own reference, and just to let others know where I sit on the fence on arguable the most controversial "likeness" of a figure this year!

It's good. The figure looks well proportioned shaped and crafted. The paint apps are ok and represent what I view the 8th passenger's pallet would have been like if there was one suit. However like I said it's good not excellent! Hot Toys have released many spectacular figures that entice the visual sense with fantastic attention to detail and a screen accurate colour spectrum. The ALIEN is arguable one of the greatest movie monsters ever visualised on the big screen. Millions of fans everywhere who remember the movie and what it stands for will invest in such a figure if done as screen accurate as possible. I feel Hot Toys could be doing better with a figure with a large reputation and potential to sell to wide audience.

I will be most likely to purchase the figure for fond memories of the film, it's a mighty shame they have not not made more vast improvement s but over all it's a ok figure.

It's not The Alien. It's just an Alien. So there.

I don't care if it's been said before. I am just rationalising for my own reference, and just to let others know where I sit on the fence on arguable the most controversial "likeness" of a figure this year!

It's good. The figure looks well proportioned shaped and crafted. The paint apps are ok and represent what I view the 8th passenger's pallet would have been like if there was one suit. However like I said it's good not excellent! Hot Toys have released many spectacular figures that entice the visual sense with fantastic attention to detail and a screen accurate colour spectrum. The ALIEN is arguable one of the greatest movie monsters ever visualised on the big screen. Millions of fans everywhere who remember the movie and what it stands for will invest in such a figure if done as screen accurate as possible. I feel Hot Toys could be doing better with a figure with a large reputation and potential to sell to wide audience.

I will be most likely to purchase the figure for fond memories of the film, it's a mighty shame they have not not made more vast improvement s but over all it's a ok figure.

Well said, but we still haven't seen the final product...

It's not The Alien. It's just an Alien. So there.

What was "THE" Alien? Was there ever a "THE" Alien. I've seen LOTS of pictures that show lots of versions of "THE" Alien costume/props. None of them the same from different angles.:confused::lol

What was "THE" Alien? Was there ever a "THE" Alien. I've seen LOTS of pictures that show lots of versions of "THE" Alien costume/props. None of them the same from different angles.:confused::lol

Well, this HT version sure as hell wasn't ANY of them.

Try a better argument. :rolleyes:

That made me lol too! :eek:

Well honestly all I care about is if its in scale. Medicom made a beautiful figure with incredible detail but its completely VOID cause its out of scale. I don't care how superior its likeness is, I just can't use it with other figures. So Hot Toys wins by default

Can someone please tell me what "pwned" means, because I'm slow. But I do love Alien!

Well honestly all I care about is if its in scale. Medicom made a beautiful figure with incredible detail but its completely VOID cause its out of scale. I don't care how superior its likeness is, I just can't use it with other figures. So Hot Toys wins by default

thats how I feel too. I want this for Kane and Dallas and I always knew this wasn't going to be accurate. If they had promised it was going to be then it turned out like this I would have ben annoyed.

Can someone please tell me what "pwned" means, because I'm slow. But I do love Alien!

Rly? :lol

thats how I feel too. I want this for Kane and Dallas and I always knew this wasn't going to be accurate. If they had promised it was going to be then it turned out like this I would have ben annoyed.

It WAS. That's what the ruckus is about.

It was promised that this was going to be accurate ?.
When ?.

It was promised that this was going to be accurate ?.
When ?.

In HT's newsletter, they stated about painstaking efforts and blah blah blah to bring the most accurrate ALIEN figure out there.

Maybe there not finished ?. :dunno
They've always been crappy with alien though , even if I had read that I still wouldn't have expected much personally.

In HT's newsletter, they stated about painstaking efforts and blah blah blah to bring the most accurrate ALIEN figure out there.

^^^ this. :(

I think its 'OWNED!' but with the added Power of the P consonant...like you've been punched.

By the way I think the title of this thread should be edited to take out the 'UPDATED!' bit. Whatever update that was was ages ago and now its kind of misleading. Everytime the thread gets bumped I wonder have new pictures appeared.

Back