Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATED! Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Anyway muzzles of all aliens in HT-line feels like a great fail
dolf_ru_157.gif

yea same thoughts...would be weird

I still love it. Despite the inaccuracies, it's going to be the coolest looking Alien figure on my shelf.

I still love it. Despite the inaccuracies, it's going to be the coolest looking Alien figure on my shelf.

Until the SSC ALIEN Maquette is revealed. :D

It does look pretty good, I still have problems with the frontal shape of the dome. I think the slope from top to bottom is too small.

Last edited:

exactly my point.
exactly my point. and your misunderstanding of it - or pretending.

exactly my point. and your misunderstanding of it - or pretending.

right , you might be taking this a bit far now. :monkey1
I like the figure , you don't. And just for the record when I did say I don't expect to much I meant with figures. Then again I can imagine a few people in this hobby , with all the need for accuracy and what not taking over the lives a little and getting the two entangled to deep.

:google

Chill out. :D

I like the figure , you don't.
i haven't seen it in hands still.
for now i don't like or dislike it.
i see a white maquette on previous page, it's nice. i see some old promotional photos, they are bad.
so there is no exact image of this figure. i'm waiting :)

Lets wait to we see the actual figure before we pick it to death. Sounds logical to me...

I think it's going to be much better figure than the naysayers are trying to suggest.

If they can fix that horrible mouth, i'll eat my words. If not, or until when we know....its a horrible ^^^^ty thing. You dont ^^^^ with the Alien. You just dont. Which is why I hate ADI. They ^^^^ed with the Alien.

Now by ^^^^ed, I dont mean changed. I mean they ^^^^ed up the design so much.

That is your opinion though. I for one like the designs of the Alien in everything. AVP, Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Resurection. So I don't think that the designs were ^^^^ed up one bit.

There are limitation to what can reasonably be achieved with 1/6 scale figures. The mouth and other part have to be strong enough to be handled/manipulated etc. Everything in life is a compromise, nothing is perfect. He'll be out in the next few weeks, so we shall see..

The more Alien designs the better, I say... I think people have problems with Hot Toys designs because they are looking at them magnified and under a 'spotlight'. Creatures look best in their movie environments; not under full lighting with all their details plain to see.

Creatures look best in their movie environments; not under full lighting with all their details plain to see.

It's not seeing the figures out of movie lighting that bothers people, it's the accurracy or inaccuracy to the suit designs. Example, the ALIENS figure details beyond the head, and even somewhat there, have nothing of the actual suit design in them, it's an original take on the creature, only similar visually to the film creature in basic design.

People are basing their opinions on prototype photos that aren't necessarily representative of the final products design. Personally, I wouldn't want an Alien that looked exactly like the props used in the movie. The props used in the movie wouldn't do Geiger's design justice. Most scenes in the movie where the Alien is visible were achieved with several version of the Alien costume.They were a combination of effects that were designed to give an overall impression of Geiger's concept when combined with lighting etc.

Haven't we all been through this before?

I just want to see the final item. Then it's buy or no buy, according to my own personal tastes.

I'll buy one either way. It'll be the last Hot Toys figure I get in a while...

:lol at people STILL whining about this figure.

*runs for cover*

I wanna see the final display base ……
and the holes in the feet ,just like MCF or NECA alien ……
a good looking PVC figure we'll see

Hot Toys on facebook says Big Chap is still on schedule for Nov-Dec release

People are basing their opinions on prototype photos that aren't necessarily representative of the final products design. Personally, I wouldn't want an Alien that looked exactly like the props used in the movie. The props used in the movie wouldn't do Geiger's design justice. Most scenes in the movie where the Alien is visible were achieved with several version of the Alien costume.They were a combination of effects that were designed to give an overall impression of Geiger's concept when combined with lighting etc.
so many words in attempt to forget that movie alien had one face and HT figure has another.

Yeah, that post is BS. NECA made an accurate Alien....why cant Hot Toys? They have more then enough refrence pics, and a damn movie to boot.

Back