Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the helmet does fit well!:clap
IMG_0144-1.jpg

I also think the blade, hooks and split head could've used alot more chrome? It's pretty common to see chromed plastic parts in other toys like cars and such, surely that must've been an idea???

I can see using the inside of a ripped up aluminum can for some mods. Or am I just losing my mind???:cuckoo:

Man I´m so pumped for this fella.
I just wached T2 again and I thought of a new way to do some awesome shots with Arnie together in the galeria scene asside from those displaying the box as bckground and stuff.
After the protopics I just can´t believe how great he turned out and that the clothes fit this awesome on this fig concering how bad the cloth fitted way back, with the T1 line for ex.
@Astar: lovethat pic, the bike outfit looks stunning.

Can anyone tell if the hands are textered like Arnold's or are they stock?

I can't say I get people's lack of love for the split head. I do like the other two better, but some of that guy's shots of the split head are just amazing.

How dare you break the trend! :gah: You're suppose to be complaining with the others right now! :lecture

No ____. This whole section if full of whiney _____es. Mommy wasn't letting them get the figure to begin with.

You mean to tell me that the ridiculously over sized hands don't have the two of you cancelling this 1/6th abortion? It doesn't bother you in the slightest that Hot Toys didn't use real liquid metal on the arms so the hooks can seamlessly blend in with the shirt? :slap

Honestly, I think it looks absolutely perfect and reading all the whining and complaining since in hand pics hit earlier in the day is just about getting me sick.

Last edited:
I also think the blade, hooks and split head could've used alot more chrome? It's pretty common to see chromed plastic parts in other toys like cars and such, surely that must've been an idea???
They might have had. I'm glad, personally, that they didn't go with the shiney type chrome that is used on many toys, 'cause that would look so cheesy, imo.

OK this is a long post by the looks of it. Its aimed at the other guys like myself who are intending to make multiple versions of T-1000, but of course anyone who has the interest and patience to read it may do so and fair play to you if you do!

Right, so to a few people here, those of us buying 3 of this figure are insane. Well I was almost going to be even more insane and add a fourth. Ever since getting the Donut head I had decided that, rather than simply having it as an alternate head to switch on and out every once in a while, I wanted it permanently on and displayed...while also having a steel mill T-1000 with the normal head. And those would be on top of 3 other T-1000 looks I wanted to display - Galleria, Pescadero and biker cop.

I thought all this would require buying a 4th figure but not so. Turns out the only necessary items I'd be missing to create this extra Steel mill T-1000, because all 3 sets of them would already be in use on my other T-1000s, would be the t-shirt and top from the standard patrol cop outfit. Everything else I'd have on my originally planned purchase of 3 Hot Toys T-1000s.
So enter the old Sideshow figure with its patrol cop outfit. I had been intending to use the SS figure's upper clothing underneath the HT biker cop's jacket because he is supposed to have the normal uniform on underneath that. And all it took to avert my spending of another $154 plus shipping was to see a pic of the biker T-1000 with his jacket zipped all the way up..so that no underlying outfit is visible...and thus not really necessary. This leaves my Sideshow outfit free to use.

And sure enough - dunno why I hadn't thought of doing it already as I knew others had - tonight I just put the Sideshow clothes onto a narrow shoulder truetype and slapped the donut head on, and I'm very pleased with how it looks. Not as good as the Hot Toys clothes would look but certainly not inferior enough that it would have been worth buying a whole other figure. So I'm very chuffed to have made this realisation.

Anyway some pics:

T2picsIMG_224725.jpg

T2picsIMG_224724.jpg

T2picsIMG_224726.jpg

T2picsIMG_224727.jpg

T2picsIMG_224723.jpg

T2picsIMG_224722.jpg

T2picsIMG_224721.jpg

T2picsIMG_224733.jpg

T2picsIMG_224730.jpg

T2picsIMG_224728.jpg

He's going John McClane at the moment as the SS boots don't fit over a HT true type's foot. Once I get my HT T-1000s I'll change the SS trousers for the spare HT biker trousers and boots. The only problem is the neck looks a bit too long and the SS top isn't as close fitting as it should be. I'll try to address both somehow.

So at the end of all this I'll have 5 T-1000s out of a purchase of 3 figures, 2 additional truetypes and the use of the Sideshow outfit:

Galleria T-1000 with option for torso battedamage

Pescadero T-1000 using healing head and hook arms

Biker cop T-1000 maybe using sword arm (on an extra true type)

Donut head T-1000 (the one using part of the SS outfit and extra truetype)

Steel mill T-1000 with option for torso battledamage, stabbing finger hand or wagging finger hand

Back