Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To all of you who own this- does he hold up in terms of sculpt and quality or will he look like poop next to the DX13?

He looks excellent as the motorcycle cop T-1000. To me he doesn't look quite so great without the helmet. For that matter neither does the DX13 look so awesome anymore - full BD sculpt is acceptable, semi-BD sculpt notsomuch. There's certain shortcomings I can accept at 1:10 that I just can't at high end 1:6.

I always wanted one, but I can't fit it on my Terminator shelf and if I got him... I'd have to get the Sarahs too so...

I always wanted one, but I can't fit it on my Terminator shelf and if I got him... I'd have to get the Sarahs too so...

Yeah, I was inspired by Zod's quest on getting the old Tech Noir- I might as well look into getting the T1000 and Sarah myself, I dare to say there's no chance of a revisit by HT so might as well set my mind on these.

To all of you who own this- does he hold up in terms of sculpt and quality or will he look like poop next to the DX13?

I think the T-1000 definitely holds it's own in either iteration (regular or bike cop). It's a DX set before there were DX sets... There are so many possible display options that you'll probably do like many of us and either pick up a spare body and some accessories or just get a second boxed set. My only gripe with this figure is that some of the hands appear too large, at least to me. Not a deal-breaker, though.

I also have all of the T-800 figures released and to be honest, the DX-10 sculpt is my least favorite. Definitely needs the glasses on but if you plan on displaying him with the mini-gun, the glasses won't be scene accurate. DX-13 with either noggin is still one of Hot Toys' top 10 releases, in my opinion.

He does look slightly outdated compared to whats out today but he is a great figure. I recently repositioned him (see below)....

DSC_0860_zpspas6sr0x.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0860_zpspas6sr0x.JPG
    DSC_0860_zpspas6sr0x.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 224
    DSC_0860_zpspas6sr0x.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 224
    DSC_0860_zpspas6sr0x.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 225
He does look slightly outdated compared to whats out today but he is a great figure. I recently repositioned him (see below)....

I don't feel he is outdated at all. He still looks great after all these years. One of my favorites in my collection.

I think the T-1000 definitely holds it's own in either iteration (regular or bike cop). It's a DX set before there were DX sets... There are so many possible display options that you'll probably do like many of us and either pick up a spare body and some accessories or just get a second boxed set. My only gripe with this figure is that some of the hands appear too large, at least to me. Not a deal-breaker, though.

I also have all of the T-800 figures released and to be honest, the DX-10 sculpt is my least favorite. Definitely needs the glasses on but if you plan on displaying him with the mini-gun, the glasses won't be scene accurate. DX-13 with either noggin is still one of Hot Toys' top 10 releases, in my opinion.

One of the figs, on my never getting rid of list. :exactly: Well unless HT release a 2.0 :lol As if that will happen anytime this century

I don't feel he is outdated at all. He still looks great after all these years. One of my favorites in my collection.

Thanks for the opinions guys. I have everything 1/6 Terminator that I want except this and Sarah Connor. There's now way HT would revisit this so I guess this is my next purchase if the price is right.

I only have one T-1000, I'm thinking about putting him in the motorcycle cop gear. Is it worth it? Meaning is it a pain in the a**?

I can't really remember. I've had my motorcycle cop T-1000 set up for so long now. It's definitely my preferred look for the Hot Toys figure though.

Yeah I really like the motorcycle cop look myself. Only having one figure makes it tough to decide though, I'm not about that multiples life. Can't afford it. :lol

Can anyone tell me how to put on the flashlight on the belt? I'm at wits end, defeated by an action figure.

Looking for a t1000 walkie talkie if anyone has an extra they would like to sell. Somehow I lost the antenna on mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Back