Hot Toys MM129 -1/6 Scale :Terminator 2 - T-1000 (official spec + pics added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still one of my favorite figures.

Yes I know when people say that, they usually supplement that with a pic, but I haven't seen my toys in awhile and this was one of the figures that caught my eye. Just like the MMS136 Tech Noir, it's nowhere near as accurate as it should be but makes up in sheer presence.

Also, I just noticed that the "hole" above the shirt pocket was supposed to be where the pen goes. I always thought the hole was a defect and the pen was a spare radio antenna. Yes, go ahead and laugh. I'll wait.

And I still don't own one... I'm always caught up with other stuff. Like right now I'm looking to buy up some HT Predators.

Still one of my favorite figures.

Yes I know when people say that, they usually supplement that with a pic, but I haven't seen my toys in awhile and this was one of the figures that caught my eye. Just like the MMS136 Tech Noir, it's nowhere near as accurate as it should be but makes up in sheer presence.

Also, I just noticed that the "hole" above the shirt pocket was supposed to be where the pen goes. I always thought the hole was a defect and the pen was a spare radio antenna. Yes, go ahead and laugh. I'll wait.

The fig was released back during HT's golden era imo. Back when not every fig was either Marvel/DC or Star Wars. We had figs from tons of different licences. I have been thoroughly bored with HT for a couple of years now.

And I still don't own one... I'm always caught up with other stuff. Like right now I'm looking to buy up some HT Predators.

I'd say keep this on your radar since you'll also be getting parts for the motorcycle outfit look, so that's 2 figures in one. If you like the Tech Noir's intensity, you'll love this. It's not perfect, but all the new Terminator figures lack the ferocity of this and the Tech Noir IMO.

The fig was released back during HT's golden era imo. Back when not every fig was either Marvel/DC or Star Wars. We had figs from tons of different licences. I have been thoroughly bored with HT for a couple of years now.

I miss the days where HT strives to diversify. There's no way in hell we're getting a 2.0 with all the Marvel and SW stuff coming out.

I actually want to eventually buy a few more Marvel figures - I like the MCU and as such I'd like to have one definitive Iron Man, Captain America and Thor to add to the Hulk that I bought years ago. Maybe Loki and Thanos too because they're good characters. I really don't blame Hot Toys for going mad with the MCU, they'd be mad not to. I mean look at all the OCD completists and the bandwagoners in our Marvel section alone, available to be taken advantage of.

However, the degree to which Hot Toys has abandoned its original fans is what bothers me about them. They didn't have Marvel and Star Wars in those early years. They had Terminator fans, Predator fans, Alien fans etc.

Announcements for us these days end up amounting to nothing - if we get announcements at all. Quarter scale Police Shootout T-800 announced and then never made. Extensive master license for Predator franchise announced, releases are at a trickle. Quarter scale stuff (which I think was part of that announcement*) nowhere to be seen. Ripley shown but takes something like 3 years to come out and is mediocre at best when it does. Aliens version with Powerloader shown at the same time but has not yet materialized, probably never will. Prometheus announced - abandoned. Covenant predictably announced - and equally predictably nothing made. It starts to feel like one is being deliberately trolled.

Truly, genuinely, I wish they would drop these licenses altogether; for them to just admit they now want to make nothing but Marvel and Star Wars. That's the other thing that's distasteful about them, they hog licenses just so other companies can't have a shot

*indeed it was, here's the thread
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ators-avp-avp-1-6-1-4-scale-announcement.html

Last edited:
How much were the glasses if you don’t mind me asking?

Hey. Thanks. Although I read you, I bought it for the rest of the stuff and damn, you are right, the sculpt is small and soft.

On the other hand, my T-1000 glasses broke, so I bought a new pair. Custom made by fullmetal. Hope to post pics soon.

If anyone is willing to sell an original T-1000 body with the metal plaques, pm me.

I recently picked up another T-1000 so that I can display the donut head from the Sarah figure.

Its the figure that keeps on giving. The DX without the DX label. Still good after all these years... :wink1:

Does anyone know if the official HT TTM22 would be a good second body for this? Also, does anyone know where this police gear came from? Don't think it's the official HT and could be one of them bootlegs:

46653354155_638b9c2a3d_z.jpg

Don't get me wrong as I really like this figure, I can attest to that by having many of them, but there is something wrong with the headsculpt that I can't put my finger on. The sculpt looks like a T-1000 but to me it fails to look like Patrick, I think Enterbay nailed it with the 1/4 figure. I keep thinking it might be the hair colour, in the movie Patrick looks Blonde in the LA Sun, I know there are some very smart members in this forum who could always pinpoint the errors of headsculpts and paint apps, can someone point out what are the problems and what maybe done to correct them.

Hair-inaccuracy obsessive reporting for duty!

Yeah his hair is weird as ****. It has lumpy sculpting, goes bizarrely far down the back of his neck, has a weird angular hairline on his temples that doesn't look like what RP has and the colour is too dark.

The face isn't all there either but it's harder to talk about that.

The Enterbay sculpt is definitely better, particularly the hair, but even the face on that one isn't quite right. Eyes too small or something, I can't remember.

I agree that the sculpt indeed has some issues but I would still give it an 8 out of 10 in capturing the character, especially for the time-frame that it was released.

Throw in the fact that there are two other "battle damaged" head sculpts available and the motorcycle outfit as well and this figure almost demands at least several versions on display. I ended up picking up "3" myself and still haven't figured out their final setups. (so many switch-out possibilities...)

A newer 2.0 version would be dangerous on the hobby funds...

I agree that the sculpt indeed has some issues but I would still give it an 8 out of 10 in capturing the character, especially for the time-frame that it was released.

Throw in the fact that there are two other "battle damaged" head sculpts available and the motorcycle outfit as well and this figure almost demands at least several versions on display. I ended up picking up "3" myself and still haven't figured out their final setups. (so many switch-out possibilities...)

A newer 2.0 version would be dangerous on the hobby funds...

Yeah this fig came with so many accessories. It was fantastic. I got 3 myself in various poses

I would still probably get a 2.0 because I'm a big Terminator fan.

LsZ93V4.jpg

Last edited:
It can be fun to go back to page one of these threads. A different time with Hot Toys...when I was excited about what they were making and had hopes for future figures from my favourite licenses - in stark contrast to the bleak outlook of today.

Yeah this fig came with so many accessories. It was fantastic. I got 3 myself in various poses

I would still probably get a 2.0 because I'm a big Terminator fan.

LsZ93V4.jpg

Holy smokes that's awesome! :clap

I always dreamed of owning 4: the normal, split, motorcycle and doughnut look but that would cost a bomb. Anyone managed to complete all 4 looks?

I actually want to eventually buy a few more Marvel figures - I like the MCU and as such I'd like to have one definitive Iron Man, Captain America and Thor to add to the Hulk that I bought years ago. Maybe Loki and Thanos too because they're good characters. I really don't blame Hot Toys for going mad with the MCU, they'd be mad not to. I mean look at all the OCD completists and the bandwagoners in our Marvel section alone, available to be taken advantage of.

However, the degree to which Hot Toys has abandoned its original fans is what bothers me about them. They didn't have Marvel and Star Wars in those early years. They had Terminator fans, Predator fans, Alien fans etc.

Announcements for us these days end up amounting to nothing - if we get announcements at all. Quarter scale Police Shootout T-800 announced and then never made. Extensive master license for Predator franchise announced, releases are at a trickle. Quarter scale stuff (which I think was part of that announcement*) nowhere to be seen. Ripley shown but takes something like 3 years to come out and is mediocre at best when it does. Aliens version with Powerloader shown at the same time but has not yet materialized, probably never will. Prometheus announced - abandoned. Covenant predictably announced - and equally predictably nothing made. It starts to feel like one is being deliberately trolled.

Truly, genuinely, I wish they would drop these licenses altogether; for them to just admit they now want to make nothing but Marvel and Star Wars. That's the other thing that's distasteful about them, they hog licenses just so other companies can't have a shot

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ators-avp-avp-1-6-1-4-scale-announcement.html

It can be fun to go back to page one of these threads. A different time with Hot Toys...when I was excited about what they were making and had hopes for future figures from my favourite licenses - in stark contrast to the bleak outlook of today.

As a big Marvel/DC comics/film fan, it's a dream to be able to collect all these different (Marvel) characters. Though, I do agree with your sentiments.

marvel is outdated and dedicated to grandpas.
recent marvel movies are pure dementia.

Yes, those were the good old days. Then in 2012 avengers came, and an Avalanche of boring popcorn movies came after, and predators were buried under a mountain of marvel figures. More generally the collecting scene has been blooded with band wagoners who will buy up no matter how bad the figure was or how ridiculous the price was. Yup the good old days were over. Hopefully now with the avengers party finally over, HT can bring back some classics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy smokes that's awesome! :clap

I always dreamed of owning 4: the normal, split, motorcycle and doughnut look but that would cost a bomb. Anyone managed to complete all 4 looks?

When it first came out I went nuts. I bought 3 full figures and then bought parts on ebay for more variants. This is what I have now

View attachment 464644
View attachment 464645
View attachment 464646
View attachment 464647

Frozen T-1000 is an Elvis1976 custom. I don't display a Donut head version because I'm displaying that on the Enterbay.

Who said it was over?

Yeah, it aint over. Even if the MCU stopped dead right now Hot Toys could survive on the backlog of stuff they could make from the 23 movies so far, 2.0s, 3.0s, 4.0s and of course 1/4 and 1/12 scales where they will make all the same stuff all over again.

edit - oh, the pics aren't showing and I bet those links won't work.

Last edited:
Back