Hot Toys - Marvel's Spider-Man - Spider-Man (Classic Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since people are starting to get emails.
I pre order this last week, that’s puts me in the bottom of the list. Should I continue my plan or pay off immediately and hope they ship?

Since people are starting to get emails.
I pre order this last week, that’s puts me in the bottom of the list. Should I continue my plan or pay off immediately and hope they ship?
There has been talk of there not being a chronological list. Mysterio came out, I preordered a month before SS got it and was one of the first to get him. Maybe contacting Sideshow for some clarification since batch sizes might be different nowadays.

Such great poses! Is he in a detolf there? Trying to figure out where the stand is coming from.

The bunching doesn't worry me to much. That happens with a real outfit and I'm confident the suit will heal itself pretty quick each time it's reposed.

Just the clamp that makes me nervous. I want to put my figure in poses like these but I think I'd cry if it did permanent damage to the suit lol.
Thank you! Yes this is on the top shelf of a detolf case. I’ve put a dynamic flight pole through the top hole and that’s how I get him to be suspended from the ceiling. I got the idea from OneSixthPosing and he explains it on his Reddit and Facebook accounts

Love this figure. Just pops like no other Spider-Man fig I’ve ever owned. And definitely my preferred look, but I’m an 80s kid, so I’m biased. 😜
61FDD62A-A316-4B38-8ED2-B66AE9649191.jpeg

Nothing extreme here, but same body, same material ... I moved slowly and shifted the suit with my fingers as I moved the limbs. I think that left arm is as far as it goes without creasing, same with the angle on the legs. You can get expressive tilting head and lower neck joint, waist joint rotation, sideways and backwards...without a lot of bunching.

I only had one Advanced suit (since sold in anticipation of Classic) --- zero permanent marks from posing. With two Classics on order I may push the posing copy further.
spidey-a.jpg

My brain saw this and imagined his classic underarm webbing. I wonder if I could make that work.
Hot Toys does with with plastic wings. If you wanted to do actual mesh ... maybe if you're feeling dexterous you could tie it on with fine thread or monofilament. But you couldn't move the figure and it sounds like a pain.

I wouldn't try adhering anything to the suit.

Regarding the bunching of the suit, for me it doesn't looks to bad or distracting, given how the these HT suits are made. @actionfiguremovies did a body swap for a seamless body on the Advanced suit and it looked to pose more smoothly:

vms93rD.jpg

49565739836_81b251dfed_b.jpg

49575323891_a17e27c76f_b.jpg

So thanks to @Zurdo95D performing necromancy on the now-old Advanced Suit thread, I went back and saw some of my old posts and apparently I had 2 copies of that suit too. For the life of me I can't remember doing that. Pretty much everything before COVID-19 feels like a lifetime ago. 😲

Love this figure. Just pops like no other Spider-Man fig I’ve ever owned. And definitely my preferred look, but I’m an 80s kid, so I’m biased. 😜View attachment 563443
that card stock base is cool but I wish it didn't have the graffiti. Maybe they could have made the scorpion graffiti a sticker instead. I know I'll crack and order doc ock, I was thinking maybe the deluxe tentacles could be used with this base.

Can't wait to get him I'm a 90s kid so of course the Spider-Man animated series was my show growing up. This is great finally getting a classic comic suit from Hot toys.

I’ve kinda lost interest in hot Toys/collecting over the years
just nothing that leaks my interest
I saw a reminder of my order status
went to cancel it, but checked pics before
can’t cancel, it’s too nice

Back