1/6 Hot Toys - Knights of Ren [SPECULATION]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eeeehhh, maybe because they didn??[emoji769]t fit in the storyline? Where in the movie did you want them? And why? ...and why would they need to have a prominent role in more than one movie?
...sometimes the auto criticism is just hopeless [emoji2357]
They would complain no matter what happened cause it wasn?t exactly like it was in their head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm with you on this. I think some carefully used fan service is fine and can be quite enjoyable. But at the end of the day, I like movies that are actually about something and have strong themes and ideas.

Agreed, But I?m still extremely hyped for IX of course. Tlj is still my favourite new sw film and my second favourite of all time.

Kylo seems to have the same exact outfit minus the reconstructed helmet (as so far we?ve seen in the promos) that he doesn?t seem to wear all the time anyways. However Rey has a new outfit that?s almost stark white. An opposite to Luke?s ROTJ outfit. Plus any other props that she may carry in the film so I wouldn?t mind another Rey. I would be surprised if they didn?t make both new ones tho. Even if the similarities are small.

Kylos new costume is mostly the same as TLJ but his cape is hooded in EP IX, that and the repaired helmet.

Agreed, But I?m still extremely hyped for IX of course. Tlj is still my favourite new sw film and my second favourite of all time.

Kylo seems to have the same exact outfit minus the reconstructed helmet (as so far we?ve seen in the promos) that he doesn?t seem to wear all the time anyways. However Rey has a new outfit that?s almost stark white. An opposite to Luke?s ROTJ outfit. Plus any other props that she may carry in the film so I wouldn?t mind another Rey. I would be surprised if they didn?t make both new ones tho. Even if the similarities are small.

Eeeehhh, maybe because they didn’t fit in the storyline? Where in the movie did you want them? And why? ...and why would they need to have a prominent role in more than one movie?
...sometimes the auto criticism is just hopeless [emoji2357]

Yeah, Rian said in an interview that he didn't want to replace the Praetorian Guards with the Knights of Ren since he thought they deserved better, but didn't have a place in his story.

I'm hoping they make at least the Rogue and Monk

It's interesting that back when MSW "leaked" the fake info about Luke killing all the Knights of Ren on the island in the beginning of the movie, everyone went wild and thought it was awesome lol.... which is now the exact thing so many people are worried about with them in IX, is just killing them off without any meaning to the plot or screen time, etc.

Problem is that because they've neglected using them in the previous two, putting them into IX almost guarantees they'll be solely used for expository purposes and a fight scene or two is a given (not saying that's a bad thing). The bad side to that is they won't be fleshed out as all and will unfortunately be looked at like canon fodder for our heroes to eventually defeat. I'm certain that they'll (or they've) fill in their backstory in supplementary material but from what I know about them in TFA (barely anything besides being Kylo's goons), I'll probably not seek those out at all.

Was it ever confirmed they were Luke's students that mutinied with Kylo?

Problem is that because they've neglected using them in the previous two, putting them into IX almost guarantees they'll be solely used for expository purposes and a fight scene or two is a given (not saying that's a bad thing). The bad side to that is they won't be fleshed out as all and will unfortunately be looked at like canon fodder for our heroes to eventually defeat. I'm certain that they'll (or they've) fill in their backstory in supplementary material but from what I know about them in TFA (barely anything besides being Kylo's goons), I'll probably not seek those out at all.

Unless they join the light slide......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am not interested in their back story. Not every character that appears in a movie needs to be built up over several movies.

I am not interested in their back story. Not every character that appears in a movie needs to be built up over several movies.

I would normally agree but with the level of hype surrounding these guys coupled with the fact they literally have no reason to is just bizarre (other than just because they cool). Now that I think of it, that explains why Boba Fett is so prominent. Just hope these guys get a more dignified death than being swallowed by the Sarlacc.

kNIGHTS.jpg

I would normally agree but with the level of hype surrounding these guys coupled with the fact they literally have no reason to is just bizarre (other than just because they cool). Now that I think of it, that explains why Boba Fett is so prominent. Just hope these guys get a more dignified death than being swallowed by the Sarlacc.

I mean, they established that Vader needed the help of Bounty Hunters, specifically tells Fett no disintegrations. He's shown tracking the Falcon to Bespin and is the only person to ever answer back to Vader without getting choked out and he actually succeeds in his mission to capture Solo for Jabba. While I wouldn't he was prominent in ESB, he actually played an important role in the movie given his short screen time and was a pretty competent character.

That's a lot different than a group of dudes who gets shown for two seconds standing in the rain. I do agree that I hope they get a more prominent role in TROS but I'm sure half of them will just be canon fodder to Finn and the Resistance somehow.

I'd say the chances are astronomically high only a few get made by HT.

Maybe they’ll figure out a way to do three releases, each one that has accessories for two of the KOR like they did with Praetorian guards. I know this would be a more more difficult than the Praetorian guards, but it’s a better way than only releasing one or two and not the rest.

All this hype to just get easily defeated once again by our indestructible heroes.

I'll be surprised if they make just one of these guys at this point. We saw how many Black Order figures they made for Marvel.

But I'd take just one to make my small ST collection look a little interesting. (and i'm sure I'm not the only one here to be suckered into The Force Awakens figures, and then not able to offload them at all due to prices being rock bottom).

So give us one Hot Toys please.

Back