Hot Toys Keaton Batman Petition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy a HT Keaton Batman?

• Would Buy

Votes: 248 65.6%
  • Would Not Buy

Votes: 57 15.1%
  • Depends on Proto / In-Hand pics

Votes: 73 19.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keaton-Batman look great with the movie villains.
batgroupJohnTucky.jpg

Model by John Tucky
:D

A few years ago, it would have been "hell, YES!!"

But with so many Batman stuff around lately, and with so many fandom over a clearly overated film (TDK!) I've grown fed up of the guy to the point of instictual rejection of anything Batman!!!!

So, today, "hell! NOOOOOOOOO!!!! "

A few years ago, it would have been "hell, YES!!"

But with so many Batman stuff around lately, and with so many fandom over a clearly overated film (TDK!) I've grown fed up of the guy to the point of instictual rejection of anything Batman!!!!

So, today, "hell! NOOOOOOOOO!!!! "

overrated is a term used by people who cannot judge a film objectively and get distracted by the hype around a film a focus on that.

The hype asside, the movie is solid as a rock.

That said, a Keaton Batman is a must if it came out.

I'm not saying the movie is bad and not solid! Actually, it's pretty good, even better than Batman Begins! Still, I think it's not THAT good! In fact, in spite of what everybody says, the thing I didn't like was actually the Joker. Sure, I understand the intent behind the film, making a realistic Joker in a possible world. And Ledger portrayed him well! But it's not at all my conception of the Joker. He is supposed to be a deranged, twisted serial killer, but here, he is just an unhealthy looking undergrade criminal...

Once again, the film was okay, but overrated. It was probably because I was expecting much more after Batman Begins, and also because I'd read too much about it before seeing it. Anyway, I was disappointed. I usually watch a movie I like several times (I must have seen The Abyss or The Terminator more than 20 times in my life! I could almost quote entire parts of Aliens!), but so far I've seen TDK once and haven't felt the need to watch it again! It's just my opinion, and you have every right not to share it!

But you're right about something though! The hype has probably a responsability here, as well as the board! I think I've seen too many TDK customs for a whole life!

than thats aaaaaaaaaalright with me :)

(I haven't really read your post, it was to long)

I'm not saying the movie is bad and not solid! Actually, it's pretty good, even better than Batman Begins! Still, I think it's not THAT good! In fact, in spite of what everybody says, the thing I didn't like was actually the Joker. Sure, I understand the intent behind the film, making a realistic Joker in a possible world. And Ledger portrayed him well! But it's not at all my conception of the Joker. He is supposed to be a deranged, twisted serial killer, but here, he is just an unhealthy looking undergrade criminal...

Once again, the film was okay, but overrated. It was probably because I was expecting much more after Batman Begins, and also because I'd read too much about it before seeing it. Anyway, I was disappointed. I usually watch a movie I like several times (I must have seen The Abyss or The Terminator more than 20 times in my life! I could almost quote entire parts of Aliens!), but so far I've seen TDK once and haven't felt the need to watch it again! It's just my opinion, and you have every right not to share it!

But you're right about something though! The hype has probably a responsability here, as well as the board! I think I've seen too many TDK customs for a whole life!

stop shouting:lol

We needs a CR Supes before this in my honest opinion. There are already so many great customs of this around.

(Not to say I wouldn't still want an official one)

I would instantly buy a whole line of Tim Burton BATMAN and Batman Returns figures/ vehicles.

Batman (1989 costume)
The Joker (with alternate dripping head)
Bob the Goon
Vicky Vale
Alfred Pennyworth

Batman (Batman Returns costume, with alternate unmasked head)
Catwoman (with alternate unmasked head)
The Penguin (bodysuit and canister of umbrella)
The Penguin/ Oswalt Cobblepot (Mayor's Attire)
Max Shreck
Bruce Wayne

The Batmobile

I liked everything about Burtons take on Batman except Keaton.
So very very wrong.
Jack was also a little too old to be Joker.

I would instantly buy a whole line of Tim Burton BATMAN and Batman Returns figures/ vehicles.

Batman (1989 costume)
Bob the Goon
Vicky Vale
Alfred Pennyworth

Max Shreck
Bruce Wayne

The Batmobile

I'd accept a more limited range than that. Both Batmans, maybe 2 Jokers, The penguin in mayor attire, Catwoman, Max shreck, Bruce wayne and the Batmobile....maybe the 89' Batwing. Certainly theres more scope for a complete line with the original Batman films than there is with the original Superman films. The only Reeve Superman figures I'd take would be Superman and Clark kent.

Billiken%20wara%2011.jpg

Thast is awesome! I have the horizon Returns kit but i'm bad at building these things, it's still in the box.

hello,

I have pm-ed you 2 times about that statue that I am selling...but no replies :)

are you still interested?

A Keaton B and BR batsuit would be incredible- after all they are the beginning and inspiration for the current batsuit...
but what about a Kilmer BF sonarsuit?- that was kinda neat...really!
Gary

A Keaton B and BR batsuit would be incredible- after all they are the beginning and inspiration for the current batsuit...
but what about a Kilmer BF sonarsuit?- that was kinda neat...really!
Gary

they were the beginning, but absolutely not the inspiration for the current Nolan-films.

Batman (1989 costume)
Bob the Goon
Vicky Vale
Alfred Pennyworth

Max Shreck
Bruce Wayne

The Batmobile

Yes, yes and more yes. Those versions of Penguin and Catwoman are just amazing.
And agreeing with the above poster, I thought Nolan actually wanted to get as far away as he could from the original versions and make a more realistic take on Batman, and therefore used actually developed sets of military/ninja/samurai gear to create the suit, while sticking to a Batman look that everyone would recognize.

I am a big batfan so I would buy it. I do not feel Keaton was a good fit for Batman though. He doesn't make me think Bruce Wayne when I look at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back