Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, absolute FOOLS is right which is why AT&T stepped in and shook them the **** up! It might sound strange to some but if I could pick it would be a movie with Riddler as the main villain. No goofy, stumbling, blubblery, cowardly Riddler either. I’d actually think that some of the super dark & brooding characteristics of WB/DC movies could actually be an asset for a movie of this type.

WB are like a lot of people. So many want to be like someone else, but all they need to look at themselves and see their own positive traits and focus on them.

If people want light and fluffy, then they can go and watch Marvel. If they want dark and gritty they can watch DC. If the story is good the people will come to both.

I cannot believe that people would not want to see something that is dark and gritty when it looks cool and has a decent story and vision over several films.

And as far as the people that want the same formula repeated for all superhero movies, I will never understand them.

WB are like a lot of people. So many want to be like someone else, but all they need to look at themselves and see their own positive traits and focus on them.

If people want light and fluffy, then they can go and watch Marvel. If they want dark and gritty they can watch DC. If the story is good the people will come to both.

I cannot believe that people would not want to see something that is dark and gritty when it looks cool and has a decent story and vision over several films.

And as far as the people that want the same formula repeated for all superhero movies, I will never understand them.

I think light and fluffy is an overstatement on Marvel, but to each their own. Being dark and gritty clearly isn't the problem as other such comic movies (e.g. Joker) were such and did very well. I do believe the general consensus, which I agree with, was that JL was dark, gritty and poorly written/executed. An added nuance specific to any JL is that Batman needs a darker tone to work best (but after watching both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight just last night I was reminded that a Batman movie can have and is benefitted by humor and lighter moments). By contrast, Superman (my fav character) works best with an underpinning of hope and optimism. That wasn't on tap for either MoS, BvS or JL and it just came off as dreary IMO, your mileage may vary.

Another side note to watching those Batman movies again is how I went away really not needing yet another Batman movie. Those Nolan flicks were so good. But maybe PattBat will deliver on some level. I know a lot of fans really took to the look and execution of Batfleck, and while I personally believe it will turn out his tenure in the cowl is over, at least they have these figures that evoke such a beloved esthetic for Batman.

EXACTLY, then there?s no Owlman! Plus I mean really, who doesn?t just love that racing stripe on top of the cowl? Huh, WHO?????

Lol, it doesn't bother me since I appreciate it as functional for that cowl given the googles.

I still say the JL cowl can look good depending on the angle.

batman-head-crop.jpg

The less said about Josstice League the better but I wasn't hating the bluish tone of the suit. Felt like a nod to the comics.20210312_105254.jpg
8bf6e4ec-e7e1-47b2-8d19-1591b2f21949.jpg

BVS cowl > JL cowl. BVS looks like the ears are pointed up while the JL one looks like the ears are pointed back.
80b7rs4jujoy.jpg

And for the JL suit, man do I hate the line that curves upward between the abs and the chest. Honestly, that is the most annoying part of the JL suit.
dd8dc3e466b9f08a7e2deee5fce53edf.jpg

Well for the Tactical suit.....that is Nite Owl essentially :lol

The JL Bat cowl reminds me of a Cheshire Cat which as got the cream, especially those wrinkles around the eyes they look like cats whiskers.

DCE55FB1-F7D9-4ED0-906F-6B1E7A4844A5.jpeg

I like tactical batman. Nite owl goggles and all. It's a cool half way point between his regular suit and BvS armored look.

Regular JL batman is just a little off though. Had we not already had the excellent BvS suit maybe I'd feel differently.

I like tactical batman. Nite owl goggles and all. It's a cool half way point between his regular suit and BvS armored look.

Regular JL batman is just a little off though. Had we not already had the excellent BvS suit maybe I'd feel differently.

Wish Zach would've just went full mech like Aliens power loader or Hulkbuster suit, essentially an evolution of the mech suit in BVS. LOL at Justice Buster! Just discovered it's existence! LOL!

25df2bc0006c675e5cce46ca12166240.jpg

DCBattleSuits-Thrasher-Cropped.jpg

ummdc-03_a07.jpg

That name just doesn't work. Does Batman fight against Justice or something?

I broke down and bought one today. The Bruce Wayne head made it far too irresistible. My Batman v Superman one will wear the cowl and the Justice League one will sport the Affleck head.

I was dusting mine down today, always forget how great this turned out to be and how superior it is to BvS release. I'd have to check the BvS suits I owned all the time and their outfits would stick and rip, not had a problem with this one.

I was dusting mine down today, always forget how great this turned out to be and how superior it is to BvS release. I'd have to check the BvS suits I owned all the time and their outfits would stick and rip, not had a problem with this one.

Glad to read that. Got mine the other day, my first Batfleck. Even stock I think it looks great. Although I intend to replace the cape and do Unreal Toys' mods I'm in no particular hurry.

The only thing I don't like is the lack of colour contrast between the main body of the suit and the Bat Symbol, cape, gauntlets and boots. It looks better in Unreal Toys' pics though so I don't think my crappy standard, yellowy room light is doing it any favours in that regard.

I love both the BvS and JL versions but my only nitpick on the JL version is the suit looks a little baggy. It doesn't have the same v shape as the BvS figure especially around the waist/hips. Bruce put on a few between BvS and JL :lol
20210316_200249.jpg

Back