Hot Toys Iron Patriot 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok now this question - what if they only offer the Iron Patriot in Diecast and PPS.....?

Notice in the description they're calling this "MMS Diecast". What if this IS the MMS Iron Patriot?

I'm not too excited over this news. Don't get me wrong, this figure looks fantastic! But I'm worried about QC issues and price point. :(

Got the news from my local seller here selling iron patriot for US$280 :yess:

That's a good incentive to interest me. But I think that's too good to be true. :(

If they don't do iron man armours in mms form i wont be happy

:exactly: :monkey2

The real problem is that we don't know. And they're not telling us. So we wait, and see them released one figure at a time.

It would be great to at least get a "Here are all of the figures we are releasing, and how much they will cost" so we could at least get an idea of what we are up against.

I'll say it again....if there are going to be 15 pieces and all of them released one at a time, prepare for a record number of orders, cancellations, and reorders.

But, with the movie coming out in a little over a month now, I'm really hoping for more of a broad announcement than the one at a time reveal.

No one knows for 100% but it's leaning towards replacing it. This has it's own MMS number so people are doubting a plastic version to come out.

I hope they do. Real sad and a mistake on their part to limit this release to only diecast.

I agree, I want Iron Patriot but I don't want a diecast version.

Howard said they are developing 15 armours from Iron Man 3 right? Maybe he meant across all lines not 15 individual armours.

I hate this armor scheme but the diecast does intrigue me. I was really planning on picking up a IM3 War Machine as I like the redesign but hope i'm not limited to the diecast. $200 is much easier to handle that $300 for finally getting on the Marvel train.

I agree, I want Iron Patriot but I don't want a diecast version.

Howard said they are developing 15 armours from Iron Man 3 right? Maybe he meant across all lines not 15 individual armours.

15 MMS
15 MMS DIE-CAST
15 1/4 MMS
15 PPS
15 1/4 bust

75 Iron Man 3 figures.

I somehow doubt it'll go that far.

______

The answer is easy people... Choose.

You want a 1/6 Iron Patriot so either get it in 1/6 Die-Cast or skip it in 1/6.

i would just like to have a notice from hot toys to say they are doing mms versions then i can wait happily knowing they are coming at some point

i would just like to have a notice from hot toys to say they are doing mms versions then i can wait happily knowing they are coming at some point

You+Must+Be+New+Here.jpg

But seriously, why should they tell you (not you personally), all it'll do is enable people to skip this in favour of a plastic one when they coud've led you to believe this is the only one and got you to relent and buy it

i just think listening to people on here many people seem to be of the opinion of wait and see what happens and if the die cast dont sell like they are thinking, then when the plastic ones come out many people by the sounds of it will ditch the die cast in favour or the plastic ones. therefore loss of money on the die cast

Well looks like we're not getting plastic versions anytime soon.

More like EVER. Why would HT release a plastic version? It makes no sense for them to do so. I think it's safe to say now that they are upgrading ALL Iron Man figures to Diecast that way the fans will be forced to pay up. HT will be all like: "It's this $350 dollars Diecast Iron Man or nothing at all. What will it be?"

That explains why we haven't seen a Mark III 2.0 in plastic yet. They already announce that they will release one in Diecast. Same with Iron Whiplash (just imagine that cost of that... wow :thud:)

Meanwhile, they still haven't got the "repulsor hands" right.

221664_504467082948620_265951052_n.jpg

More like EVER. Why would HT release a plastic version? It makes no sense for them to do so. I think it's safe to say now that they are upgrading ALL Iron Man figures to Diecast that way the fans will be forced to pay up. HT will be all like: "It's this $350 dollars Diecast Iron Man or nothing at all. What will it be?"

That explains why we haven't seen a Mark III 2.0 in plastic yet. They already announce that they will release one in Diecast. Same with Iron Whiplash (just imagine that cost of that... wow :thud:)

Meanwhile, they still haven't got the "repulsor hands" right.

:exactly:

And they know that despite initial protests the majority of people will adapt. It's buy this or buy nothing, and people are too 'in' to buy nothing.

Example.. ThatIsTooReal, no offense intended, but while you may say now that you'll pass this, if there is no plastic version shown before this releaes you and HT both know you'll give in and adapt to Die-Cast because you're "all in" for HT IM.

However i believe they'll still release plastic but it'll come a year from now after people had already bought the die-cast. I think they're saving the un-helmeteted head for the MMS.

Last edited:
- Alternate helmeted head with light-up function
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Over 36 points of articulations
- Contains diecast material
- Metallic red, white and blue star spangled armor

It does not say it's diecast but contains diecast material. So maybe it is not 100% diecast to keep the cost down :dunno

is it worth 100$ increase? the upclose shots don't really impress it has this ruff texture to it, look at the comparison of the movie, plastic would have been better IMO, iono i'll hold out till i see members photos of this... really hoping there not all going to be die cast at this point. :/

iron-man-3-1.jpeg

The smooth texture is prolly cause the movie suit is fiberglass and plastic, not metal. So the figure is a more acurate Iron Man. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back