Hot Toys Iron Patriot 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Approximate 300USD if ordering from my local retailer...thinking hard if I shld or not.

Pretty bummed to see this listed as an MMS. I was hoping the diecast releases would be a totally separate thing. But with this having an MMS number, I really don't see them doing an MMS plastic version for the foreseeable future. That is a real shame as I was really looking forward to buying Patriot.

If they are indeed just going to do diecast releases instead of plastic from the IM franchise from now on... That will be it for me on completing my Marvel cinematic stuff. :( Prices are high enough with just plastic. There is no way I can afford diecast versions of the 42, Patriot, War Machine, MK III, Iron Whiplash, etc, etc, etc.

And I am a completest by nature. If I am going to be missing a bunch of armors from IM3 in my collection, I will have a hard time rationalizing picking up other stuff that I may be only fairly interested in (like the ASM Spidey) just to stay "complete". Maybe my collection will just cover MCU Phase 1.

I wonder if HT even realizes that they may be shooting themselves in the foot by doing this?

Sallah

I fear you may be right. And I feel exactly the same as you.

Sallah, there may still be hope for a regular MMS release, since this is the MMS195D1, there might be a MMS195? :pray:

There is some hope in that. However, the DX line, is not a continuation of the MMS line number like this is. I think Barney was the latest MMS release and he is MMS194.

No one knows for 100% but it's leaning towards replacing it. This has it's own MMS number so people are doubting a plastic version to come out.

I hope they do. Real sad and a mistake on their part to limit this release to only diecast.

I am with you on this. Maybe like NOVA said, they are going to make every version. I imagine, since the design for a diecast 1/6 exists, it will be a simple ( probably not so simple ) production switch to make a regular MMS in plastic. Maybe they are thinking of making few numbers in each line, but maximizing profit and appealing to other collectors by doing the PPS and the diecast?

If this is resonably price @ $300 or so, I may consider it since its in the MMS line. I would still prefer an plastic MMS.

More like EVER. Why would HT release a plastic version? It makes no sense for them to do so. I think it's safe to say now that they are upgrading ALL Iron Man figures to Diecast that way the fans will be forced to pay up. HT will be all like: "It's this $350 dollars Diecast Iron Man or nothing at all. What will it be?"

That explains why we haven't seen a Mark III 2.0 in plastic yet. They already announce that they will release one in Diecast. Same with Iron Whiplash (just imagine that cost of that... wow :thud:)

Meanwhile, they still haven't got the "repulsor hands" right.

221664_504467082948620_265951052_n.jpg

:exactly:

And they know that despite initial protests the majority of people will adapt. It's buy this or buy nothing, and people are too 'in' to buy nothing.

Example.. ThatIsTooReal, no offense intended, but while you may say now that you'll pass this, if there is no plastic version shown before this releaes you and HT both know you'll give in and adapt to Die-Cast because you're "all in" for HT IM.

However i believe they'll still release plastic but it'll come a year from now after people had already bought the die-cast. I think they're saving the un-helmeteted head for the MMS.

You guys are speaking some hard truths. Not sure I'm ready to hear that. :monkey2

More like EVER. Why would HT release a plastic version? It makes no sense for them to do so. I think it's safe to say now that they are upgrading ALL Iron Man figures to Diecast that way the fans will be forced to pay up.

Great, another excuse to redo all the Marks from Iron Man 1 and 2 and put delays on every other license :yess: :slap

I will be but I will hold off until some more of my rewards points become active since I can't use my gift card for preorders

Cool. At least it's affordable. I think I'll let this figure cure my diecast curiosity. Ordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back