Hot Toys Iron Patriot 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2005_475605635845758_602677212_n.png

someone on FB said this translates to a November 2013 release.

So we're looking at January of next year. Maybe late December if we're lucky.

On ebay there is one for 338,88$ with free shipping all over the world, so I think that SS will have this arount 300-320$.

35,000 yen = about $366 US....good grief.

You can't use that as a comparison Hot Toys Japan website is always more expensive then what is listed at Side Show
For example

Barney Ross is listed for 24,000 Yen = $ 253.11 on Hot Toys Japan

Side show has him for $ 204 so $ 5o dollars less out best guess is this Iron Patriot will be $ 300 or that range

i am really torn on what to do, i got the mms 191 on pre order and cant wait but i also want a few armours from this movie, dont know if i should get this die cast version or wait and see if they do plastic versions, but then if they don't do plastic i may miss out

I personally think they are waiting until after the films release to show off the plastic MMS with all the accessories, to avoid possible spoliers? Perhaps they are limited to what they can show off before the films release.

If this is it and this is all we get I am happy to swear off anymore figures from Iron Man, but i find it unlikely they will cut out the plastic MMS line, perhaps this is a sub product of the MMS. So we may have MMS and MMS Diecast.

I honestly think everyone needs to just wait before jumping to a conclusion.

Their MMS line is their main cash cow line. Why would they get rid of it out of no where? You can easily say "Because than we're left with no option to just buy the diecast."

That's true but than again, why wouldn't they just make a plastic version along with the Diecast version? This is Hot Toys + Iron Man we're talking about here. They can release 5 versions if they want too and it will sell like hot cakes.

Why wouldn't they release two versions of it when they should know both will sell well?

Looks like the 42 is diecast as well. :( That kinda puts the nail in the coffin for me.

mark42_zps8265a03e.jpg

Sallah

Sallah, there may still be hope for a regular MMS release, since this is the MMS195D1, there might be a MMS195? :pray:

I would imagine the worst case scenario being they release a couple IM3 armors as die cast only, see a noticeable drop in sales, as compared to the regular MMS ones, and then release plastic MMS versions.

Hot Toys isn't going to leave any money on the table with their Iron Man license. They will want to squeeze out as much as possible.

Indeed. I really feel like everyone is overthinking this whole thing.

Come on, this is Hot Toys. Why would they jump the gun of their best money making line when they can do both?

I personally think they are waiting until after the films release to show off the plastic MMS with all the accessories, to avoid possible spoliers? Perhaps they are limited to what they can show off before the films release.

If this is it and this is all we get I am happy to swear off anymore figures from Iron Man, but i find it unlikely they will cut out the plastic MMS line, perhaps this is a sub product of the MMS. So we may have MMS and MMS Diecast.

i hope this is true i am going to wait and hope for mms mark 42,heartbraker and deep space suit, plus mandarin

I fully expect them to drag this line out.

They made a ton of money on The Avengers line, and we aren't even getting the Mark VII until almost a full year after the movie came out. (Not to mention Coulson, Banner and Chitauri.)

I wouldn't be surprised if we're still seeing IM3 releases next summer.

This is merely the opening salvo.

I just pre-ordered with Goodshipped (someone who I have bought from before) and at $338 Dollars including delivery I thought was quite reasonable, when compared to Play Imaginative $550 for the VII

I just pre-ordered with Goodshipped (someone who I have bought from before) and at $338 Dollars including delivery I thought was quite reasonable, when compared to Play Imaginative $550 for the VII

The Play Imaginative came with a metal Hall of Armor while this one is just the figure itself.

Guess I'll just be in the waiting boat until they release a plastic version.

Sorry but Mark 42 at $350 + Iron Patriot at $350 is not worth it to me. Even being a die hard Iron Man fan.

$700 for two MMS figure is a no no to me.
Not to mention I'll be waiting to see all the complaints about the paint chipping like the Captain America shield.

I'm out on these metal figures. I'll get the statues they're doing and that will be my Iron Man fix for this movie.

Is this replacing the regular MMS? Or will we get another Iron Patriot?

No one knows for 100% but it's leaning towards replacing it. This has it's own MMS number so people are doubting a plastic version to come out.

I hope they do. Real sad and a mistake on their part to limit this release to only diecast.

i think it looks great, but with the likely price tag AND this being an untested material for HT i'll probably be skipping it.

After all look at Caps sheld flaking, who's to say the paint won't flake off of this.

They can release 5 versions if they want too and it will sell like hot cakes.

Nope. 3 or 4 of them would undersell too much to become profitable.

While there are hot toys iron man collectors who buy every armour the amount of stupid people who buy multiple versions of the same armour at the sme time is very limited.

I bet the plastc MMS will go up for order after this one ships. Just like the DX10/13 strategy. Having two of the same armours up for order at the same time in the same scale is stupid, it'll force people to pick and choose thus halving the sales of each

Last edited:
Not to mention I'll be waiting to see all the complaints about the paint chipping like the Captain America shield.

Ohhhhh, so is that where all this die-cast chipping panic is coming from? I'm pretty sure Cap's shield is anodized plastic or whatever it's called. The only HT die-cast I'm aware of is Thor's hammer. I haven't had any chipping issues with mine, has anybody else have?

Hmm..do anyone here thinks that the diecast iron patriot & mark 42 looks a little skinny?

Ohhhhh, so is that where all this die-cast chipping panic is coming from? I'm pretty sure Cap's shield is anodized plastic or whatever it's called. The only HT die-cast I'm aware of is Thor's hammer. I haven't had any chipping issues with mine, has anybody else have?

That's what I was thinking too. HT listed Cap's shield as "metal-like electroplated", whereas Thor's mjolnir was listed as "metal". I don't think the diecast figures will have the same issues as Cap's shield.

There is however an issue called "diecast cancer" which some in the hobby of collecting diecast cars would have heard about previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back