Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1 re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other then the obvious new Downey sculpt I bet the other extras will be something like a Cave opening diorama of some sort and possibly some light up translucent sculpted flames that when attached to his arms can light up by an led, something similar to what they done with Ghostrider.

Maybe the laptop. ¬_¬

With all the things HT can make and have started then quit on, I would think they would be busy enough without having to go back into Iron Man ONCE AGAIN and re-release something. Like they care if there's bootlegs out there. They just want to make more money without having to work as hard. That's all this is.

I'll be curious to see how much this will be this time around. I'm sure it will be a lot more.

Starting from $200.

the original still looks good
IMAG0659.jpg

IMAG0662.jpg

IMAG0654.jpg

Looking back at the original's portrait... wow that is awful. The body was great but the portrait.. geez. So excited to see how the new one will look.

The nude truetype sculpts paintwork looks better than that.

3 Years?

I just hope it's not a simple re-issue with a new paintjob and sculpt. They better refine the details of this thing.

Anyone know how to access the batteries for this? I know it's the bottom of the oxygen tank. But I twisted and pulled, it just won't come out... Any suggestions?

Anyone know how to access the batteries for this? I know it's the bottom of the oxygen tank. But I twisted and pulled, it just won't come out... Any suggestions?

You should send it to me so I can look at it, it may take awhile to figure out how to do it and get it back to you. :monkey3

Sure, but i'll need 400 in cash deposits from you, or your wolvie as collateral =)

Count me in for V2.0 Mk.I armor. :yess:

I'm not worried about the new HS. Almost positive it will be better than the first. :)
But I hope they address the height issue.
It needs to be a little taller than the original release.

3 Years?

I just hope it's not a simple re-issue with a new paintjob and sculpt. They better refine the details of this thing.

Jeez man you speak as if it wasn't detailed to begin with! I don't think they can make it vastly more detailed then it originally was, apart from the repaint they could make the belts on his legs movable as well as the cogs and gears on his back, and regarding the height ,remember the whole figure is built around a truetype so in order to make it taller the figure inside would need to be stretched, if anything hot toys figure is a more accurate representation of the armor in the way that it would fit on a human being. It's been a while since i watched the movie but I'm guessing the armor looked bigger then it actually was.

Jeez man you speak as if it wasn't detailed to begin with! I don't think they can make it vastly more detailed then it originally was, apart from the repaint they could make the belts on his legs movable as well as the cogs and gears on his back, and regarding the height ,remember the whole figure is built around a truetype so in order to make it taller the figure inside would need to be stretched, if anything hot toys figure is a more accurate representation of the armor in the way that it would fit on a human being. It's been a while since i watched the movie but I'm guessing the armor looked bigger then it actually was.
I understand what you're saying.
However, the TT figure inside is not removable anyway, so they could have very easily do the "stretch" you're referring to. A separation at the chest, where you can't see inside, would be a good place. After all, take a look at the Mark.IV, V, and VI which all have a long torso.

As for size comparisons, take a look at the Mark.I as it stands next to the other Marks in the Hall of Armor.

Hot Toys certainly isn't going to remake the newer Armors anytime soon, and since Hot Toys IS remaking the Mk.I, they would need to make it taller for it to correctly fit-in with the current lineup.

Last edited:
You know there us no way they'll improve upon the original packaging... The boxes for the original Mark I to III are so much better than the crap we get nowadays...

Yes how true. Nothing they do nowadays are superior to those early IM boxes- stunning and just beautiful. The current IM boxes are the worst HT does...bad. Only the current DX boxes harken back to that kind of package design.

I thought the height was fine but of course others will say I'm wrong because I own it. Even Pepper said near the end she thought it was bigger yet it wasn't.
dscf8156.jpg

dscf8079.jpg

Poseability seemed fine...
dpp07da0905141728.jpg

If they made the welds smaller and sharper I'd be sold apart from that I agree.
6644349361_34b3aa154a_z.jpg

The original does look great. I was playing with spotlights to try and get same shine as the new version. :D
6644281083_e9c452b928_z.jpg

6644348959_7a505e00a3_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back